SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND 9/9/2023

SiouxFan100

14 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

If the defense doesn’t give up big plays, I’d say it’s a cake walk.

I think Teeder has a nice scouting summary. This is a tough game for us. They have a number of transfers including the RB from SMU. We have to play well to win. 

So a team we barely beat last year we are gonna just blow em out because why?  If an even average quarterback and average wr's has the same time as drake's qb we are in trouble. plus the smu guy might be a load

last team we played last year we were down 28-14 at half and lost by 7 to weber

last team they played they were tied at halftime and lost by 2 to weber

this is going down the wire and ...............special teams might actually be important????????

5 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

So a team we barely beat last year we are gonna just blow em out because why?  If an even average quarterback and average wr's has the same time as drake's qb we are in trouble. plus the smu guy might be a load

this is going down the wire and ...............special teams might actually be important????????

Game is in Grand Forks...that's a significant difference maker in my book.

UND 34-NAU 24

I feel like this should be a 41-14 type of game...but I'm not sold on UND's defense in passing situations.  Tommy and Belquist et al. have a big game.  Teeder had a great analysis of what NAU did well...but they also gave up 7 yards per rush and 15 yards per completion...I like our odds to break a few tackles and make some big plays on offense.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game closely due to a wedding but the 360 guys made it seem like we had a lot of QB pressures but nothing resulted in sacks. Is that not correct?

Just now, sioux24/7 said:

I wasn’t able to watch the game closely due to a wedding but the 360 guys made it seem like we had a lot of QB pressures but nothing resulted in sacks. Is that not correct?

Yes it is correct. Drake QB was running for his life all game. No sacks, but saying he had time in the pocket is just false.

4 minutes ago, SiouxBoys said:

Yes it is correct. Drake QB was running for his life all game. No sacks, but saying he had time in the pocket is just false.

Exactly, we couldn’t contain him and he scrambled and found open receivers. This will hurt us, we need to get home on these pressures. Especially against better OL we need to get to the QB

• Upvote 2

Just now, Sioux>Bison said:

Exactly, we couldn’t contain him and he scrambled and found open receivers. This will hurt us, we need to get home on these pressures. Especially against better OL we need to get to the QB

Who disagrees with that? Just pointing out that we were getting pressure.

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

This fan has this perspective

We beat NA on their home field

The Drake QB was running for his life all game, the only reason we didn't get a sack is he was never in the pocket and threw the ball away.

Drake was supposed to be a walk - mission accomplished. We had 10 different players catch a pass, we had a 100 yard rusher. We had three running backs rip off long runs. We had 31 players see the field.

Comparative scores are useless, different day, different game.

Special teams won us at least one game last year, if not more.

Three aspects to every game - offense, defense, special teams - win two of them and you most likely win the game. I see us winning offense and special teams at least. 

We win by at least two scores. Go Hawks! 

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, CMSioux said:

This fan has this perspective

We beat NA on their home field

The Drake QB was running for his life all game, the only reason we didn't get a sake is he was never in the pocket and threw the ball away.

Drake was supposed to be a walk - mission accomplished. We had 10 different players catch a pass, we had a 100 yard rusher. We had three running backs rip off long runs. We had 31 players see the field.

Comparative scores are useless, different day, different game.

Special teams won us at least one game last year, if not more.

Three aspects to every game - offense, defense, special teams - win two of them and you most likely win the game. I see us winning offense and special teams at least. 

We win by at least two scores. Go Hawks! 

stoney brook says hi

STONY BROOK, N.Y. -- In a game dominated by both defenses, it was a fourth-quarter special teams' touchdown that led Stony Brook to a 13-9 upset of No. 19 North Dakota Thursday at LaValle Stadium.

Redshirt freshman Gavin Heslop came up with the big play as he broke through UND's protection and blocked Austin Dussold's punt that was scooped up by Kye Morgan and returned seven yards for the go-ahead score.

40 minutes ago, northernraider said:

Is week two a little early for the traditional "let one get away they should have won" game?

Yes it's too early for that. It's Potato bowl at home....team and fans should be pumped. This is a must win game, if we lose this one we are in trouble. I'd like a two score comfortable win, but just win. I'll say 34-24.

• Like 1