SiouxSports.com Forum

Northern Arizona @ UND 9/9/2023

SiouxFan100

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

Lot of 2 score predictions, but I hope we win by 3-4 scores. Would like to put this these guys away without giving them a sniff at all. 

I agree. I don’t think 2 scores is enough, based on how awful NAU looked in their first game. With that said, Bubba ball is designed to do just enough, so I wouldn’t be surprised if UND only wins by one score. UND absolutely needs to win this game (must-win).

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I agree. I don’t think 2 scores is enough, based on how awful NAU looked in their first game. With that said, Bubba ball is designed to do just enough, so I wouldn’t be surprised if UND only wins by one score. UND absolutely needs to win this game (must-win).

I don’t think the current state of UND football aligns with your bubba ball comment.  Back when our defense led the way I would have agreed but now I think our offense will put up a bunch of points and defense will hopefully continue to improve.  I hope to see a dominant offensive effort, continued improvement on defense and significant improvement on special teams.

My prediction is 41-whatever our defense can do.  I’m not sure how many missed field goals and extra points are in that 41.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wheelsup said:

I don’t think the current state of UND football aligns with your bubba ball comment.  Back when our defense led the way I would have agreed but now I think our offense will put up a bunch of points and defense will hopefully continue to improve.  I hope to see a dominant offensive effort, continued improvement on defense and significant improvement on special teams.

My prediction is 41-whatever our defense can do.  I’m not sure how many missed field goals and extra points are in that 41.

Defense and special team’s flaws could keep it close, unfortunately, but I’d be fine with 41-21 or whatever. Let’s see how it goes. Big game on Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Teeder11 said:

Early scouting of NAU, I see:

They Used 3 young QBs against Arizona .  Millner #2 appears to be their primary signal caller and is more dual threat  Flores #7 will also run on occasion. 

SMU drop down RB TJ McDaniel # 1 will be a handful, both as traditional running back and a receiver out of the backfield  

WR Owen #6 is back for more. Speedy with good hands  Used much the same way we use Caden Dennis and Red.

#17 freshman DB surprisingly good for such a lanky slight dude. All over the field. Good tackler and will be looking to wedge through to block kicks. 

Huge NT #90 is quick on the feet for his size.  When not bull rushing the middle, he likes to stunt around left side.

Defense has a propensity for stupid penalties of the 15 yard variety. 

28-20 UND. With a tip of the hat to a loud and proud Potato Bowl crowd. 

So I like that you actually researched the opposition and I trust your judgement about them, but now I'm concerned about   Saturday. 

• Upvote 1