SiouxSports.com Forum

2024 Recruiting

Hardcore Hawk

Recruiting has been kind of surreal this summer. Haven't seen that one crazy high level recruit (YET), but seen A LOT of really solid guys and all positions. I feel like we need to see some additions at the LB positions still, but plenty of time. Super impressed with some of the guys we have thus far. Really excited about where we are heading. Hoping our new D-Coordinator can step in and make a nice impact because I really like the way everything else is trending.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Defensive Ends (3)

Langden College, 6’4”, 230, Minneapolis (Armstrong), MN, Offers from UNI, Minnesota State Mankato (@lCollege5)

Also a guy that went to camps/visited Iowa State, Minnesota, St. Thomas, SDSU and NDSU (but didn't want him anyway....)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

How does UND determines whether guys like this play DL or Linebacker?  He is really fast and sounds like he could play LB, similar to a Jaxson Turner type.  Given that UND plays the 3-4, can anyone tell me about the traits the OLB need to have VS. our DE?  Obviously the DE should be bigger, but at the same time, we always seem to have a LB at the line of scrimmage as well.  Are both OLB positions at UND the same, or is one of the OLB players supposed to be heaver or faster than the other OLB on the field?  I've never played competitive FB, just trying to learn the intricacies of UND's defense.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

How does UND determines whether guys like this play DL or Linebacker?  He is really fast and sounds like he could play LB, similar to a Jaxson Turner type.  Given that UND plays the 3-4, can anyone tell me about the traits the OLB need to have VS. our DE?  Obviously the DE should be bigger, but at the same time, we always seem to have a LB at the line of scrimmage as well.  Are both OLB positions at UND the same, or is one of the OLB players supposed to be heaver or faster than the other OLB on the field?  I've never played competitive FB, just trying to learn the intricacies of UND's defense.

Ideally, in my mind, he would play the position McNaboe plays now.  Get him up to 250 and let him loose!  For the other DE spot I would like to see us get a guy in the 270 - 290 range to stop the run.  Lastly, for our linebacker spot the ideal for me was when we had Turner, Larson, Rogers, and Haas.  3 more traditional linebackers and then one to rush playing on the opposite side of your smaller DE. 

On 7/20/2023 at 8:54 PM, sioux24/7 said:

That could be one of the best recruits of the class. Very quick guy is exactly what we need on the edge. Interest from the gophers, isu, NDSU, offer from UNI. Not sure if he didn’t attend many camps but we did offer him right away at the junior day. This guy flying under the radar is huge! 

8 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Detroit Lakes Isaac Cariveau 6’3” 260 lb OL/DL commits to UND. (PWO). 

Depth - that's what su has had on their OL/DL over the years, it won't be long until our OL/DL is where we need it to be.