SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

29 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

I know some tinfoil hats in here think it’s all Matt Larsons fault Und didn’t get a home game, but I for one truly believe the NCAA is going to put the screws to you guys for as long as they want to.

you don’t just sue the man and expect no repercussions when you lose said lawsuit.

you Sioux forever folks have made your bed and now you bitch because it’s not to your liking.

I for one see Und getting screwed over for many years in NCAA tournament seeding and pairing and actually nothing they do is surprising to anyone out side of el forko grande!

you people can’t even see fit to change the name of your message board, yet cry when the governing body of college athletics thumbs their nose at you.

talk about heads buried in the sand!

Projecting the ethical thinking of a true Texan. That SU education working out for you nicely. This board has nothing to do with UND but then again that would require reading. 

1 minute ago, CMSioux said:

Projecting the ethical thinking of a true Texan. That SU education working out for you nicely. This board has nothing to do with UND but then again that would require reading. 

Really? If you google und football message board what pops up?  Perception is a big dose of reality dude!

20 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

… you’re not funny, everyone I talk to that reads Sioux sports thinks you …

Coming from the bucket of chuckles you appear to be that’s quite the retort. I’m sure ‘83 is devastated. 

And for the record, I don’t talk to anyone about you. Nary a second thought. YMMV. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Dustin said:

Doesn't Schmidt make big $$ at Washington?

He does make big $$. However he’s only a special teams coach and the cost to live in Washington isn’t cheap. The big sell would be coming back home and winning his 2nd championship and UND’s first since he was a player. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:
8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you’ve got nothing. 

Or was that weak sauce trolling. (Trolling is against forum guidelines but I’d have to recuse myself and let a different moderator make the call.) 

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

So you’ve got nothing. 

Or was that weak sauce trolling. (Trolling is against forum guidelines but I’d have to recuse myself and let a different moderator make the call.) 

Circle the wagons for your pal the biggest troll on this board, maybe it will take away from the actual comments that I made that had merit to the conversation???

I guess I need to learn how this good old boy club works a little better

8 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

Circle the wagons for your pal the biggest troll on this board, maybe it will take away from the actual comments that I made that had merit to the conversation???

You're not a part of it and probably never will be. Tell your buddies I wrote that one too. 

3 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

I have no idea who ‘83 is but I know trolling when I see it. Yet you are positing that the NCAA is actively behaving in the least professional manner possible and claim this has merit. Your view of the NCAA must be lower than mine. At least my assessment is based on direct observations of actions taken and not assumed conspiratorial activities.  

And everyone who is anyone knows biggest troll on this board is an ongoing competition between @MafiaMan and @Blackheart and @Oxbow6 .

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, UND-SPORTS-FAN said:

He does make big $$. However he’s only a special teams coach and the cost to live in Washington isn’t cheap. The big sell would be coming back home and winning his 2nd championship and UND’s first since he was a player. 

If he’s interested, count me interested. 

31 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I have no idea who ‘83 is but I know trolling when I see it. Yet you are positing that the NCAA is actively behaving in the least professional manner possible and claim this has merit. Your view of the NCAA must be lower than mine. At least my assessment is based on direct observations of actions taken and not assumed conspiratorial activities.  

And everyone who is anyone knows biggest troll on this board is an ongoing competition between @MafiaMan and @Blackheart and @Oxbow6 .

That’s the nicest thing anyone has ever said about me.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Kab said:

There are 2 that want to put the screws to UND, the flagship U

1) nc$$

2) ndac 

and they usually do wherever possible 

Administration threats of cuts to ndac athletic programs are on the table (which hopefully will keep the trolls on their own site). Or perhaps based on their ethics, it was just a ruse to pull more dollars out of TM pockets - which will work of course. 

30 minutes ago, Devils said:

Can't imagine Schmidt, in the prime years of his coaching life (early 40's), would be interested in going from a job in the Pac 12 making half a mill to FCS.  

Me either. That’s why I was surprised someone even mentioned him. 

42 minutes ago, tnt said:

Where did Tibesar go after getting let go at Oregon State?

Akron DC

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2022/03/former-oregon-state-defensive-coordinator-tim-tibesar-lands-the-dc-role-at-akron-says-report.html?outputType=amp

They had a bad 2-9 season. I’d like to think he’d be at least available to come back to his alma mater if Bubba wanted to pursue it, BUT, I think UND’s petty coaching salary pool won’t allow it. 

29 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Akron DC

https://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/2022/03/former-oregon-state-defensive-coordinator-tim-tibesar-lands-the-dc-role-at-akron-says-report.html?outputType=amp

They had a bad 2-9 season. I’d like to think he’d be at least available to come back to his alma mater if Bubba wanted to pursue it, BUT, I think UND’s petty coaching salary pool won’t allow it. 

He hasn't exactly had a track record of success

11 hours ago, Texas rancher said:

You think the NCAA gives two shits about some small school that took them to court and lost?

professional conduct is out the window with you guys, do you not see that yet?

I think Matt Larson is going to do what’s best for ndsu and ndsu alone, I would hope that you guys feel the same way about chaves, but judging by most posters on here you would rather set him adrift in a leaky boat with no oars in the middle of the Bering sea.

1.  You think the guys on the committee care at all that UND sued the NCAA years ago?  They don't.  They are athletic directors from auto-bid conferences.  They don't even work for the NCAA lmao.

2.  If the AD is acting exclusively in his school's best interest, he shouldn't be on the committee.  At that point he'd be hurting the conference. 

3.  You  harp about professional conduct while claiming that every party EXCEPT UND is actually acting without professionalism.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

I think Matt Larson is going to do what’s best for ndsu and ndsu alone,

I completely agree with this, and it’s a disgrace. Another reason to hate that cow institute in Fargo. What goes around comes around, though, thankfully. 

As an aside, though, because of this corruption, the FCS playoff committee definitely needs to seed the top 16 teams. Take this stupid bidding process out of it.