SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

40 minutes ago, Irish said:

So you do understand what I posted without me having to "figure it out".  I do wonder why a 5-6 coach who made some of the worst game-time decisions I have ever seen including the infamous 4th down Bison call is deemed "the guy" and given an extension that makes buying him out problematic.  

He won't be bought out so rest easy tonight.  

4 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I figure anywhere between 6-5 and 8-3.  I think 4-7 is really unlikely, and folks predicting that are still stinging from the way the last two games of the season went.  Don't blame any of you for that though.  MVFC isn't as tough as many like to proclaim.  We've proven that already with Top 3 finishes in two of first three years since joining.  I expect another Top 3 or 4 finish.

Obviously unlikely to beat NDSU, but wouldn't be shocked given it is in the Alerus.  UNI and ISUr should both be winnable, but more likely a split and probably lose the one on the road.

You wouldn’t be shocked if und beat ndsu next year, just because it’s a home game???

that’s some powerful kool-aid your drinking.

40 minutes ago, Texas rancher said:

You wouldn’t be shocked if und beat ndsu next year, just because it’s a home game???

that’s some powerful kool-aid your drinking.

Did you witness the 2021 game between the two schools? Get your head out of your arse, although I’m sure that’s difficult given how big your head is. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Sioux94 said:

Some changes definitely need to be made. We've been running the 3-4 since at least 1990......and all of the sudden it's too complicated?  I'm not buying the it's too complicated to work thing. 

It’s not too complicated to work but it’s interesting when a grad transfer from Poly doesn’t seem comfortable with the system and didnt get a lot of time right away. Same with Buckner, although I don’t think he was as good as everyone thought coming in.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, F'n Hawks said:

It’s not too complicated to work but it’s interesting when a Grad Transfer from Poly doesn’t seem comfortable with the system and didnt get a lot of time right away. Same with Buckner, although I don’t think he was as good as everyone thought coming in.

The too complicated part might be more true now actually, in this day and age of transfers. In the past pretty much anybody in the secondary would have red shirted a year before they ever really had a chance to see the field. Transfer portal isn't going away.....so it might be something to consider when re-evaluating everything from top to bottom. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

The too complicated part might be more true now actually, in this day and age of transfers. In the past pretty much anybody in the secondary would have red shirted a year before they ever really had a chance to see the field. Transfer portal isn't going away.....so it might be something to consider when re-evaluating everything from top to bottom. 

Agreed, the early signing period allows some or most of these transfers to be here for the spring too.

28 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

You make an interesting point about the transfer portal.  How many of the really good UND players, and for that matter other great FCS players, would have transferred out in the past after a really good freshman year?  Gonna be fascinating to see how this all pans out.

22 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

10 is still young and could improve. 84, 13, and 12 have no business being on a DI roster. They can transfer- give ‘em the green light. 

No wonder why we can’t get any big recruits after they read all of your posts!!!!! Coaches suck, should fire them all, players suck, team sucks, no reason for a recruit to pick UND if they read all of your posts. And yes prospective parents and players do read your posts……

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

No wonder why we can’t get any big recruits after they read all of your posts!!!!! Coaches suck, should fire them all, players suck, team sucks, no reason for a recruit to pick UND if they read all of your posts. And yes prospective parents and players do read your posts……

I mean, I suppose I should be flattered to think my posts on this online forum are the reason that UND is 54-45 with 1 playoff victory over the past 9 seasons. 

You do make a reasonable argument, though. I’ll hold off on making any critical comments for at least this recruiting cycle. That should make you happy. If UND isn’t winning playoff games in 2023, then we’ll say that the experiment failed and apparently I wasn’t the reason for UND’s mediocrity. Although that will make me a bit disappointed as I guess I won’t be able to take the credit for UND’s woes anymore … 

If they do start winning playoff games, then I’ll happily stop all posting of criticism/evaluation. 

Not sure if this is the right thread for this, but given all the coaching talk:

I just saw that WMU is letting go of their head coach. I wonder if some FCS programs won’t look at Jeff Thorne. You have to think he would be a great hire for a lot of Midwest schools. 

UND holds onto coaches too long waiting for the next one to "be ready". 

What it gets you is hexagenarians handing off to quinquagenarians when the quinquagenarians were ready as quadragenarians* **. 

*That's the verbose way of saying we need to hand off the reigns to coaches who are ready and still flexible and adaptive in their ways. 
**Thus ends today's vocabulary lesson also.