SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

9 hours ago, Kab said:

Nau has 20 transfers coming in 

uffda 

That should help us.   I'm not fond of transfers in the first place, I figure if they were all that good they would have stuck it out where they were, but more importantly, I doubt the team will have gelled much by the time we play them.   That's a lot of new people that have to mesh.

11 hours ago, Hawkster said:

That should help us.   I'm not fond of transfers in the first place, I figure if they were all that good they would have stuck it out where they were, but more importantly, I doubt the team will have gelled much by the time we play them.   That's a lot of new people that have to mesh.

Missouri State had 43 transfers that joined the team last season.  Hoe did that work out for them?!!

4 minutes ago, forksandspoons said:

UND has had pretty good luck with transfers lately, IMO. Last year, contributions from guys like Hoosman, McNaboe, Red, Seth Anderson, Bryant, Devon K, Buckner, Cooper, Ogbu, Hembry. Lots of them were in their first year in the program as well. 

Agreed that our staff seems to be "picking their spots" when it comes to transfers - bringing in a few to fill holes, but not trying to turnover a large portion of the roster (thankfully, because that would mean major recruiting problems). 

21 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

Looks like we have to fill the RB coach position…. Again. 

UND’s lack of emphasis on football again raises questions. Raise the damn salary pool and f*ck the hockey only approach (beyond idiotic approach), or just go the UNO route and drop football. This b*llshit cutting corners approach to DI athletics won’t work (and hasn’t worked). 

• Like 1

Apparently Entz isn’t a hot commodity to go fbs

these position coaches are looking to move up and sometimes it takes a lot of moves to do that

when I see what they make I can understand why they keep looking

i doubt too many coaches buy a house 

I asked chat gpt to write a UND-FB-FAN style post about the program. This is what it came up with. Eire.

The University of North Dakota football program has faced a number of challenges in recent years. One major issue is the team's overall win-loss record, which has been below average and has not shown significant improvement over time. Additionally, the team has struggled to compete against stronger opponents in competitive conferences, often being outmatched in terms of both talent and strategy. Another area of concern is the lack of investment and support from the university, as resources and funding for the program have been limited, hindering its ability to recruit top talent and build a winning team. These factors have combined to create a difficult situation for the football program, and it will take significant effort and resources to turn things around.

• Upvote 3

Personally I prefer what Trump has to say about the program.

Folks, let me tell you, the University of North Dakota football program is just fantastic, believe me. These players are tremendous athletes and the coaches are top-notch, the best. The program has made tremendous progress in recent years, folks, and they're only getting better. You watch, they're going to be a real force to be reckoned with in the future, believe me. The investment and support from the university has been tremendous, and it shows on the field. The players work hard and have real heart, folks, they never give up. I have no doubt that they'll be successful and make North Dakota proud, it's going to be huge, believe me.

• Upvote 3

I have different opinion UND must have quality coaches when even the mighty NDSU has come to poaching away one our coaches. Second i see he had been at FBS level but was let go after they had fired their coach he had followed from Northern Illinois. I suspect he is trying to leapfrog his way back to FBS and he is doing this by using his connections in MVFC, where he started his football career. I think he probably took our job last year because it was best job he could find after being let go. In this jumping to job to job he be better hope not to land on spot where coaching staff gets let go by head coach firing because i think he will have used up some good will with coaches he left after short period of time being with them. Finally, i also think he has to believe that Entz is looking to move on to FBS or by chance SU moves up to FBS. Yes, we may be underfunded to top programs in the conference but i also believe were still in upper tier in the conference on funding for football. This is to be expected when our number one division sport is funded as one of highest in the nation and continually looking to be funded to stay ahead of all other schools in funding their program. The football program is better shape than other sports in amount of support but whole athletic department has been underfunded for number of years and beginning to show. The administration has done good job in updating and building academic part of university, but they now need to work on athletic programs as well to help attract future students and advance its brand to greater public nation wide. 

3 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

I asked chat gpt to write a UND-FB-FAN style post about the program. This is what it came up with. Eire.

The University of North Dakota football program has faced a number of challenges in recent years. One major issue is the team's overall win-loss record, which has been below average and has not shown significant improvement over time. Additionally, the team has struggled to compete against stronger opponents in competitive conferences, often being outmatched in terms of both talent and strategy. Another area of concern is the lack of investment and support from the university, as resources and funding for the program have been limited, hindering its ability to recruit top talent and build a winning team. These factors have combined to create a difficult situation for the football program, and it will take significant effort and resources to turn things around.

Could just copy and paste that on a weekly basis for the next 7 months and save UND FB FAN a lot of keystrokes. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I have different opinion UND must have quality coaches when even the mighty NDSU has come to poaching away one our coaches. Second i see he had been at FBS level but was let go after they had fired their coach he had followed from Northern Illinois. I suspect he is trying to leapfrog his way back to FBS and he is doing this by using his connections in MVFC, where he started his football career. I think he probably took our job last year because it was best job he could find after being let go. In this jumping to job to job he be better hope not to land on spot where coaching staff gets let go by head coach firing because i think he will have used up some good will with coaches he left after short period of time being with them. 

He's bounced around too much lately. He hasn't stuck anywhere. The red flag inched further up the pole with this.

This NDSU gig better be sticky for him; that, or he needs to be studying for his insurance sales license on the side. 

• Upvote 1