SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

13 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND under Bubba is a 6 to 7 win/season program. That would suggest UND starts 2-1, and week 2 vs NAU will be a nail bitter. That shouldn’t be acceptable, though. 

Have you ever pointed this out before?

It looks familiar.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

UND under Bubba is a 6 to 7 win/season program. That would suggest UND starts 2-1, and week 2 vs NAU will be a nail bitter. That shouldn’t be acceptable, though. 

Do you have hot keys configured on your PC so you don't have to keep typing this stuff out over and over and over and over again?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Boise game is more important. Winning on the road against an FBS opponent would be more beneficial and impactful to UND football. Grand Forks don’t care if UND beats Northern Arizona. Time to raise expectations higher than 7 wins and a 1st round playoff exit year after year. 

Ideally, UND starts 3-0, though, of course. 

Weird post. Someone pointing out the importance of the NAU game and this is your response? 

2 hours ago, N of GF said:

Do you have hot keys configured on your PC so you don't have to keep typing this stuff out over and over and over and over again?

But is he wrong though???

I get beating the dead horse is annoying to some...but NAU at home is a game that good teams win handily.  Will we do that?  I hope so...but knowing this program's knack for close games against teams that maybe shouldn't be close I won't hold my breath...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, UND08 said:

I get beating the dead horse is annoying to some...but NAU at home is a game that good teams win handily.  Will we do that?  I hope so...but knowing this program's knack for close games against teams that maybe shouldn't be close I won't hold my breath...

What you're saying isn't what I took out of his post. I completely agree with you. The original poster just pointed out the importance of the game, which is very true. A good team should win by at least a few scores over NAU at home. The key is a 2-0 start is a must. We all agree. What I didn't understand is he saying that a win over Boise is more important to the program than a win over NAU? That's obvious. Is he saying that a win over Boise would be more important than if they lose at home against NAU? I would find that post to be really weird. What kind of point is that?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, UND08 said:

You’ve got to raise your expectations, like @UND-FB-FAN keeps harping. Over and over and over again. ( ;

34 minutes ago, AJS said:

What you're saying isn't what I took out of his post. I completely agree with you. The original poster just pointed out the importance of the game, which is very true. A good team should win by at least a few scores over NAU at home. The key is a 2-0 start is a must. We all agree. What I didn't understand is he saying that a win over Boise is more important to the program than a win over NAU? That's obvious. Is he saying that a win over Boise would be more important than if they lose at home against NAU? I would find that post to be really weird. What kind of point is that?

I get what you're saying...but I will say I don't view NAU as a "huge" game.  I view it as a game that we should physically dominate at home and win going away.  If we lose that's a sign of a much bigger problem in my eyes...it's time to expect to win games like this one going away.  On that...I will say that I actually agree with UND-FB-FAN.

• Upvote 3

46 minutes ago, AJS said:

Keys to any offseason in the Covid (extra year) era.

• Seniors that have an extra year: UND nailed this. 
  • Portal (Exiting): UND nailed this.
  • Portal (Incoming): TBD. I like the three they got but will need to see 3/4 more before the season starts. 

If this team can nail all three, they will be a considerably better football team next fall. 

Agree 100%...I really like what we've done this offseason so far.  Hopefully we can see it pay off next fall!

1 hour ago, AJS said:

Weird post. Someone pointing out the importance of the NAU game and this is your response? 

I’m trying to incite conversation on here as well as intrigue. That is all. Move along.

With that said, if UND has to go 2-1, beating Boise State and losing to NAU would be the way to go. Of course, 3-0 is preferred. 

• Downvote 1

25 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

... beating Boise State and losing to NAU would be the way to go.  

The NCAA FCS selection committee would be much harsher regarding a loss to a mid-pack BSC school than to an FBS, so I disagree. 

But yes, 3-0 solves all the concerns. 

3 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

This is a public forum for people to post their thoughts. If you can't handle that or don't want to read that then get out. It is that simple. 

He posts the same thoughts 100x a year and acts like he is breaking news each time. You can easily leave the forum also if you don't like people calling him out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, HoopsFan03 said:

This is a public forum for people to post their thoughts. If you can't handle that or don't want to read that then get out. It is that simple. 

It is also a place for people to post their thoughts on the thoughts that others choose to put on a public forum.
So I guess if you can't handle that or don't want to read that then get out? I've heard it is that simple. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

It is also a place for people to post their thoughts on the thoughts that others choose to put on a public forum.
So I guess if you can't handle that or don't want to read that then get out? I've heard it is that simple. 

Dang I didn't know the minions were in the Football forum as well! 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I’m trying to incite conversation on here as well as intrigue. That is all. Move along.

With that said, if UND has to go 2-1, beating Boise State and losing to NAU would be the way to go. Of course, 3-0 is preferred. 

I appreciate you wanting better for UND athletics and wanting to have winning programs! It's not easy when the majority is okay with being average!

• Like 2

Just now, HoopsFan03 said:

I appreciate you wanting better for UND athletics and wanting to have winning programs! It's not easy when the majority is okay with being average!

You both are straight WINNERS. That is something the rest of us have to aspire to

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, HoopsFan03 said:

Dang I didn't know the minions were in the Football forum as well! 

You've been super enlightening on how things should be run the less than 3 months you've been contributing here. Look forward to hearing so much more.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2