SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

8 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't remember when they said (I thought something was posted on this board saying this but could be wrong), I'll look into it and see if I can find it somewhere.  I could have sworn they said they raised the $$$

Are you thinking of the short term funding goal they reached?  

image.png.4226b9519e0e56f0b87678d20be46bac.png

image.png.2eedd8b6ff91b43abd60a88c615f80cc.png

56 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Bubba won’t touch anyone who could run things differently than him: narrow-minded in the twilight phase of his career. My guess is Schwenzfeier gets promoted to DC. 

Danny and Rudolph are polar opposites.  But ok.  Given the timing, Schwenzfeier getting promoted would make sense.  If that happens it doesn't mean you're correct.

1 hour ago, SWSiouxMN said:

I don't remember when they said (I thought something was posted on this board saying this but could be wrong), I'll look into it and see if I can find it somewhere.  I could have sworn they said they raised the $$$

Found the document that made me fairly certain about this.  

https://ndusbpos.sharepoint.com/sites/NDUSSBHE/Meeting Materials/Forms/AllItems.aspx?id=%2Fsites%2FNDUSSBHE%2FMeeting Materials%2F2022%2F2022 Agendas%2F3-22-22 BFC 12-31-21 Mid-Year Report.pdf&parent=%2Fsites%2FNDUSSBHE%2FMeeting Materials%2F2022%2F2022 Agendas&p=true&ga=1

image.png.d0b8e1e63acd13a6540495a302cd6c15.png

SDSU just hired Robbie Rouse, another former UND RB coach.  
Looks like UND is planning to pay the new RB coach 45k-48,200
According to UND's 2022 NCAA Financial Report, the Mens Golf coach made 68K.  Golf generated just over 7K in contributions and 4K in endowment income.  This is for a program that is supposed to be self sufficient.  Has UND given any official updates in regard to this?  I don't think they have.  Seems to me that we don't need to spend other peoples money in order to improve the FB and Basketball budgets.  The Men's golf budget last year was $212,737.

Edit: Looks like NDSU was paying their RB coach nearly double what we were, as of last year.  https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/31929-future-of-the-und-football-program/?do=findComment&comment=1221092
I think people said Rouse wanted to be closer to home when he left for Cal Poly.  Makes me wonder what SDSU will be paying him.  
Kevin Maurice got a pay bump when he left for EWU as well.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

SDSU just hired Robbie Rouse, another former UND RB coach.  
Looks like UND is planning to pay the new RB coach 45k-48,200
According to UND's 2022 NCAA Financial Report, the Mens Golf coach made 68K.  Golf generated just over 7K in contributions and 4K in endowment income.  This is for a program that is supposed to be self sufficient.  Has UND given any official updates in regard to this?  I don't think they have.  Seems to me that we don't need to spend other peoples money in order to improve the FB and Basketball budgets.  The Men's golf budget last year was $212,737.

Edit: Looks like NDSU was paying their RB coach nearly double what we were, as of last year.  https://forum.siouxsports.com/topic/31929-future-of-the-und-football-program/?do=findComment&comment=1221092
I think people said Rouse wanted to be closer to home when he left for Cal Poly.  Makes me wonder what SDSU will be paying him.  
Kevin Maurice got a pay bump when he left for EWU as well.

SDSU is a top tier defending national championship FCS program which pays it coaches accordingly  … UND not so much. Improving coaching salaries, (and thinking outside the box) would be a great start for UND.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

SDSU is a top tier defending national championship FCS program which pays it coaches accordingly  … UND not so much. Improving coaching salaries, (and thinking outside the box)would be a great start for UND.

Would be.  It's odd that you're so hard on Bubba when he clearly doesn't have the same resourses.  You expect him to have the same results though.  Maybe Bubba shouldn't be the person you are constantly upset with. 

8 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

For all you forensic analysts, ask yourself what sports at NDSU and SDSU get the priority/funding and there is your answer why they pay 30-50% for a rb or wr coach. Then look at UND in the same lens.

Can't figure it out.   Please explain.

7 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

It's time to go away from the 3-4 defense.  Need to have a defense that can put pressure on the quarterback.  Would love to see the new DC implement a 4-3.  What do we have to lose!!  Somethings needs to change.

Need better players. Scheme irrelevant 

18 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

For all you forensic analysts, ask yourself what sports at NDSU and SDSU get the priority/funding and there is your answer why they pay 30-50% for a rb or wr coach. Then look at UND in the same lens.

You’re not wrong … at the surface. UND needs to figure out how to fund football better or cut the program. The differential between regional rivals (NDSU, SDSU) is a hard pill to swallow. 

32 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Would be.  It's odd that you're so hard on Bubba when he clearly doesn't have the same resourses.  You expect him to have the same results though.  Maybe Bubba shouldn't be the person you are constantly upset with. 

They aren’t mutually exclusive.

Better coaching 

PLUS 

better resources. 

hiring a good coach comes down to a good decision-making process, not only how much $$ you have. $$ helps obviously, but it’s not everything. 

30 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Feel free to explain to everyone how the OC who replaced the last one was more of the same. 

Rudolph didn’t work out. Danny Freund is more creative and flexible, which is obviously good and an improvement. Would’ve been nice if Bubba got it right the first time (again, decision-making). Hindsight 20/20 though. 

45 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

27 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

You’re not wrong … at the surface. UND needs to figure out how to fund football better or cut the program. The differential between regional rivals (NDSU, SDSU) is a hard pill to swallow. 

Seems UND already did this.  

https://blogs.und.edu/uletter/2016/08/mens-golf-program-will-be-reinstated/

"The plan also calls for an endowment that will be required to sustain men’s golf for FY 19 and beyond. The University and the UND Alumni Association & Foundation will establish the long-term funding dollar amount for the endowment, which will need to be fully capitalized by June 1, 2018 for men’s golf to continue."

19 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

Go ahead and decipher that code I wrote, you are smart

Please see my last post.  UND already looked at it's finances and sports offerings and determined UND can't afford men's golf.  NDSU supports the bare minimum non revenue programs.  I'll hold my thoughts on the REA, but it shouldn't take a forensic anything to see the problem with golf.  The money needed to support the the M Golf operating budget comes from somewhere, right?  See where I'm coming from?    

3 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Please see my last post.  UND already looked at it's finances and sports offerings and determined UND can't afford men's golf.  NDSU supports the bare minimum non revenue programs.  I'll hold my thoughts on the REA, but it shouldn't take a forensic anything to see the problem with golf.  The money needed to support the the M Golf operating budget comes from somewhere, right?  See where I'm coming from?    

I was speaking about the coaching salaries and why UND pays less than those two.  Golf was not part of the post and is not the reason why UND pays less than NDSU.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

I was speaking about the coaching salaries and why UND pays less than those two.  Golf was not part of the post and is not the reason why UND pays less than NDSU.

Hardly anything was part of your post, to be fair.  As I tell my todlers, "use your words".