SiouxSports.com Forum

2023 Football Season

Midwestern Hawk

1 minute ago, iramurphy said:

Says not the man in the “arena” but from one of “those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat”.  

If you would stop these moronic comments and just state your opinion there can be reasonable discussion or debate. Hunter stated his opinion. State yours without the moronic comment. I would say Hunter has proven beyond a doubt he has a firm grip.  

his opinion is thru green colored lenses............1 playoff win* in 10 years tell you all you need to know. duckies and bunnies it is for some including hunter i guess.

*only about 9 teams left playing in the spring that year.

• Upvote 1

Just now, SIOUXFAN97 said:

his opinion is thru green colored lenses............1 playoff win* in 10 years tell you all you need to know. duckies and bunnies it is for some including hunter i guess.

His opinion has nothing to do with playoffs, or the program. He voiced his opinion and support for one coach.  I don’t think it’s Hunter who needs to get a grip. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, iramurphy said:

I understand your point. But that ship has sailed and we need to go from here. I don’t know what the future holds but my guess is if we win Sat and make the playoffs we won’t buyout the contract. If we lose Sat all bets are off and your guess is as good as mine. 

Agreed that that ship has sailed.  But continuing with the seafaring analogy we have the exact same Admiral making the decision about the same Captain as in 2001.  I'm not sure that either has learned anything in the interim.  

43 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

40 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

His opinion has nothing to do with playoffs, or the program. He voiced his opinion and support for one coach.  I don’t think it’s Hunter who needs to get a grip. 

Hunter has a valid opinion, and I agree Kostich as an individual is a good special teams coach. With that said, Hunter’s opinion does not change what @SIOUXFAN97 states about the program; the wins/losses and playoff performances have been underwhelming over the past 10 years.

Both Hunter’s opinion and the program not performing well-enough can be true (and in my opinion, are true).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Every year they must evaluate and decide if we not only have the necessary resources but do we have the right people in place to manage those resources to move the program to the conference and national championship level we all want for UND. That will require the tough decisions regarding personnel. If and when changes are made that change must be managed to minimize disruption to the University, to staff, to players, to the program and to us as fans. It’s complicated and difficult. 

Yes, it’s complicated and difficult, but champions behave like champions well before they are champions. If the University of North Dakota football program is going to ascend to a championship level, then championship-level type of decisions need to be made. Let’s see how the next week or two plays out.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Hunter has a valid opinion, and I agree Kostich as an individual is a good special teams coach. With that said, Hunter’s opinion does not change what @SIOUXFAN97 states about the program; the wins/losses and playoff performances have been underwhelming over the past 10 years.

Both Hunter’s opinion and the program not performing well-enough can be true (and in my opinion, are true).

I get that but Hunter was quoted regarding a coach not the program. The comments regarding program struggles while valid were misdirected at Hunter.
I believe the “ Hunter get a grip” was a cheap shot.  I’m not aware Hunter posts here so no reason for it. 
I believe the majority of folks on this forum are well aware of the history of the programs struggles since the FCS move. The  same complaints don’t need to enter every thread though. 

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, Irish said:

Agreed that that ship has sailed.  But continuing with the seafaring analogy we have the exact same Admiral making the decision about the same Captain as in 2001.  I'm not sure that either has learned anything in the interim.  

I know you didn’t mean 2001 but I get your point. Regardless of how I feel, I think much depends on Saturday and whether or not this team moves on. 

11 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yes, it’s complicated and difficult, but champions behave like champions well before they are champions. If the University of North Dakota football program is going to ascend to a championship level, then championship-level type of decisions need to be made. Let’s see how the next week or two plays out.

I believe you are correct in that it rests on what happens Saturday and hopefully beyond. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

How much to buy out Bubba?  Where does that money come from?  Is there a go fund me?

Extremely interesting times if the team loses on Saturday and misses the playoffs.  Chaves will have to make some kind of comment to the media as the pitchforks will be out after a 6-5 season.

1 hour ago, Siouxperman8 said:

Conversely - if we win and make the playoffs?

Then most likely we win a playoff game at home, then get beat by 10 or more on the road. Then the press conference is the same as it has been for several years...... "We just need to get better" 

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Extremely interesting times if the team loses on Saturday and misses the playoffs.  Chaves will have to make some kind of comment to the media as the pitchforks will be out after a 6-5 season.

If not for the NDSU win, Bubba could be on the hot seat with a loss, a 6-5 season and not making the playoffs.  The Bison win(the only good win all season) has bought him at least one more season leading the hawks...

17 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If UND loses, goes to 6-5, I’d fully expect an end of the season Bubba press conference: “the guys tried really hard this season, and we’re happy”.

On to 2024, extensions for everyone. 

Let’s just hope UND wins. They likely will (I hope), but still get screwed somehow by NCAA FCS playoff committee. 

1 hour ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Winning an FCS title would be a perfect time for Bubba to retire. Go out on top.

You want him out so bad that even after a Title he should be gone?

I thought he was prone to the same thing, year after year?