SiouxSports.com Forum

SDSU @ UND 10/22/22

SiouxFan100

19 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

SDSU showed why they are the number one team in the country. Hard to say we pissed it down our leg against a team of that caliber. This is why the game is 4 quarters and not 2!

we had to play perfect to win this game, unfortunately we didn’t and their talent beat us out.

The meltdown in the 3rd quarter didn't have to happen. That is why people have trouble getting excited about this program again; in the back of their minds, they know there will be a letdown. At some point, we need to have a statement win vs. a team like SDSU. Otherwise, we'll be stuck in the mud forever.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The meltdown in the 3rd quarter didn't have to happen. That is why people have trouble getting excited about this program again; in the back of their minds, they know there will be a letdown. At some point, we need to have a statement win vs. a team like SDSU. Otherwise, we'll be stuck in the mud forever.

The sad thing was a couple years ago we were so good in the 2nd half after making adjustments and could shut teams down. Bad part was we usually gave up the big quarter in the 1st half.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Hard to stop SDSU with all their talent. Give them a half to make adjustments and this is what good teams do. They have been doing it in the third quarter to teams all year. We played sloppy but it is hard to discount how well they played in the second half. Their talent finally showed why they are number 1

you guys are acting like we lost to some ordinary team…….. the best team in the country!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Hard to stop SDSU with all their talent. Give them a half to make adjustments and this is what good teams do. They have been doing it in the third quarter to teams all year. We played sloppy but it is hard to discount how well they played in the second half. Their talent finally showed why they are number 1

you guys are acting like we lost to some ordinary team…….. the best team in the country!

UND defense in second half was outmatched, yes, but UND offense giving the ball away and UND defense not taking the ball away hurt.

I think it is as much on UND not getting the job done as it is SDSU being a talented team and getting the job done.  UND showed in the first half they have the players to get it done if they execute. Ultimately too many mistakes. Sloppy ugly second half performance. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

And you are happy with moral victories. That is what is wrong with this program; people just accept mediocrity and expect everyone else to go along. 15 years of this nonsense is enough.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

embarrassing that there was even one empty seat at the Al today....UND and the city needs to do more to get people in there......#1 team in country and its sdac...that shoud be an easy sellout.

first play of the game and tommy airballs a long td....that needs to stop...still got a td on the drive but he needs to make those plays or next man up....

gave away maybe a fg on that last play of the first half....either maag catches that or it lands in the conference center.....that can't happen but it did

boy it would be nice to have a few hundred drunks on the north catwalk yelling down on some of those sdac plays in the redzone instead of the 11 media guys typing away up there....total total joke on the alerus people...

special teams being special again.

on to acu.....get to 7

31 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

And you are happy with moral victories. That is what is wrong with this program; people just accept mediocrity and expect everyone else to go along. 15 years of this nonsense is enough.

The whole “moral victories” and “accepting mediocrity” has been beat to death in this forum. There are good moral victories, and finding them and pointing them out, though the game was lost, does not equal accepting mediocrity. Here are some of mine:

UND played a clean (and classy) game. The same could not be said of SDSU. 

despite all its misgivings, the offense still put up 28 points. Special teams added 7. 

we did better in several Statical categories than other SDSU opponents. 

and ultimately, the team did not quit. 

these guys still have a big upside. Get the next 3 and we’re in business. Not getting the next 3 would be mediocre, and I will not accept it. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

18 minutes ago, Dustin said:

The whole “moral victories” and “accepting mediocrity” has been beat to death in this forum. There are good moral victories, and finding them and pointing them out, though the game was lost, does not equal accepting mediocrity. Here are some of mine:

despite all its misgivings, the offense still put up 28 points. Special teams added 7. 

these guys still have a big upside. Get the next 3 and we’re in business. Not getting the next 3 would be mediocre, and I will not accept it. 

Great points…the officials let some things slide early and paid for it. There was a late hit right in front of me not called and? what is that horse collar call? The SDSU player had his arm around our players neck and brought him down….our players was racing the stands so the ref saw (?) the back of the SDSU player. I am sure there were more. They were big, yup.

I absolutely loved the first half but we hung in there.

58 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Ask the hockey fans , I’m tired of mediocrity! It’s not like we have the top facilities and salaries in the league. Like I’ve said many times before I would like to know who and how we are going to attract top talent to GF by canning our coaching staff! SDSU has a roster full of studs and they showed it today. We can build it up like SDSU. They still haven’t won a title with their top teams but I don’t hear them calling for Stigs head!

11 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Ask the hockey fans , I’m tired of mediocrity! It’s not like we have the top facilities and salaries in the league. Like I’ve said many times before I would like to know who and how we are going to attract top talent to GF by canning our coaching staff! SDSU has a roster full of studs and they showed it today. We can build it up like SDSU. They still haven’t won a title with their top teams but I don’t hear them calling for Stigs head!

You might start to hear them calling for his head if they don't win it all this year.

Step of the f&@$ing ledge you idiot haters. Good lord. We lost by 14 to the beat team in the FCS. They have multiple players that will be playing in Sunday. This wasn’t losing to Sioux Falls. Seriously. The Jacks may not lose a game the rest of the year. 

We should be favored in our next 3 games. 2 are at home and the other is a Valley bottom dweller. 7-3 headed to Fargo puts us in a great spot. 

Everyone needs to calm down. 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

People are sick of losing and being average. I would rather have that vs. apathy and low expectations.

I made a positive comment that our team kept playing the game long after their "fans" on this board gave up on their team.

People downvoted me for pointing out that our team didn't lay down and quit. They played to win until the end.

That should be recognized as a good thing, but this is a toxic shithole. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, UNDBIZ said:

It was another "here we go again" collapse in an opportunity game. Crowd was loud and into it until UND gave up 28 unanswered. 

Sadly, I had little confidence UND was gonna win the game even up 14  in the beginning.

The better team usually will find a way to win a game as the games go on and SDSU is the better team.

Then the pick 6. 

And well we've seen numerous games where UND is two different teams before and after halftime.

And it didn't take long in the second half for us to see which team UND was after halftime.

8 minutes ago, N of GF said:

They played to win until the end.

That should be recognized as a good thing.

Congrats on Bubba not taking a knee when losing by a lot with a few seconds left.

And congrats to you for recognizing his great abilities.

Both your trophies are in the mail!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Congrats on Bubba not taking a knee when losing by a lot with a few seconds left.

And congrats to you for recognizing his great abilities.

Both your trophies are in the mail!

You are a loser, and you have a loser mentality. 

In what way did I "recognize his great abilities?" I don't know that I've ever said anything about Bubba on these boards, but enlighten me, loser.

UND played WITH them at the start we just couldn't keep UP with them.   Stig must give great halftime speeches!  NDSU got burned - we did too.  This might be their year if they don't choke - like they have done!   That's their problem..   ALL the PRESSURE is on them.  UND will just keep plowing ahead...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dustin said:

It's been "beaten to death" because there is a grain of truth to it. We have been wandering in the FCS wilderness for 15 years now. At some point, we need to beat someone we are not supposed to and make a statement. Like when we broke the 12 year losing streak to NDSU in 1993 at home; our program went to the national semifinals that year. How long of a wait is too long? Where do we draw the line? This team is close to being special, but whether or not we ever get over the hump remains to be seen.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

UND played WITH them at the start we just couldn't keep UP with them.   Stig must give great halftime speeches!  NDSU got burned - we did too.  This might be their year if they don't choke - like they have done!   That's their problem..   ALL the PRESSURE is on them.  UND will just keep plowing ahead...

If they take stupid personal foul and targeting penalties like they did today in the playoffs, it will cost them.

• Upvote 1