SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

4 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I get that there have only been 4 games thus far this season, but this is literally a repeat of every season with Bubba at the helm. At what point do we call out the insanity that is sticking with this? Continually going 6-5 is not going to grow UND football into anything. 

He isn't being fired mid-season so settle down bignuts. Let the season play out and light the torches then.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:
2 hours ago, SiouxFanSince1990 said:

The truth is, nobody outside of this forum takes this football program seriously. Can’t even fill the Alerus center in the year 2022. Big fat joke.

You have to win games at some point for people to take a program seriously 

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Yeah, be careful. I said that earlier, and got roasted. The fact of the matter is UND lost to a very bad Nebraska team and barely beat two bad FCS teams. 

UND is a 6-5 football team, at best. 

In year 9 of Bubba ball, this crap is unacceptable 

9 years… time to try something new. 

• Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, UND1983 said:

He isn't being fired mid-season so settle down bignuts. Let the season play out and light the torches then.

Really, you don’t say?

Given Bubba was just extended, he could have a losing season and he wouldn’t get fired, so no surprise there. I’m just simply explaining this because I think the decision to extend Bubba was idiotic in the first place. But that’s what UND does because their non-hockey coaching salaries are ridiculous. North Dakota football needs a new direction, and that comes with new leadership.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Anyone else feel that maybe after the 4th or 5th sack that Bubba should have gone to Quincy?  Seems like we were needing a more mobile QB to extend played. Might have made a difference. Who knows. Just spit ballin here. 

Tommy escaped at least twice that many by using his feet.

He's getting killed. I watched Bryant for a few plays.  He is NOT good on pass protection. Got beat easily too often.

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, bincitysioux said:

I said it last week, and I will say it again.............

3rd and long is kryptonite to this team.  Holinka's head appears to be spinning.  He may be in over his head.

I would like to know how many yards North Dakota has given up on 3rd down this season.  

Did SIU punt?

SIU did not punt… unless they did after I turned it off halfway through the 4th

10 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

SIU did not punt.  Through 4 games we have forced 6 punts.

Didn’t think so.  Is this the worst secondary Bubba has had? Maybe the year they went 3-8 I guess or his first year.  I don’t think I should be asking this question in year 9. Not only can they not cover (other than Siegel) they also can’t tackle. 

2 hours ago, sioux24/7 said:

No idea what happens next weekend but would you guys rather have won this one and lost at home against Missouri State? 2-0 there would have been preferred but tough stretch. 

Meanwhile NDSU fans ask the question, would you rather have one loss a year early, or continue to extend an unbelievable streak of championships.  I get what you are saying, but at some point looking to go 3 games undefeated at the FCS level shouldn’t seem like a bridge too far, especially when none of them have been against perennial powers.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1