SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ SIU 9/24/22

SiouxFan100

3 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I said it last week, and I will say it again.............

3rd and long is kryptonite to this team.  Holinka's head appears to be spinning.  He may be in over his head.

I would like to know how many yards North Dakota has given up on 3rd down this season.  

Did SIU punt?

At one point SIU was converting 3rd downs at an 80% clip.  That is brutal.  

10 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I said it last week, and I will say it again.............

3rd and long is kryptonite to this team.  Holinka's head appears to be spinning.  He may be in over his head.

I would like to know how many yards North Dakota has given up on 3rd down this season.  

Did SIU punt?

I slept on it. 

This still was a very bad conference loss. The season is far from over, but it projects poorly on how the season will go. 

Need better players. Need better coaching. Need higher expectations. Need a championship culture, not just a winning one.

It’s one thing to lose, but it’s another to be down big the entire game. And I’m sorry, but I can’t give SIU that much credit. Northwestern is a bad Big Ten team (barely beat Nebraska and lost to Miami (OH) yesterday) and SIU lost to two FCS teams to start the season. 

This loss was predictable based on past seasons under Bubba. Sure, we all will “see how it plays out”, but my guess is UND goes either 6-5 or 7-4 (although a losing season isn’t out of the question if Bubba’s group implodes like they did in 2017). Playoffs is a possibility, but this team isn’t going far. Same old UND football with Bubba and Chaves’ leadership (I include Chaves because the football budget - namely coaching salary pool - is sort of asking for this kind of mediocrity). 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I slept on it. 

This still was a very bad conference loss. The season is far from over, but it projects poorly on how the season will go. 

Need better players. Need better coaching. Need higher expectations. Need a championship culture, not just a winning one.

It’s one thing to lose, but it’s another to be down big the entire game. And I’m sorry, but I can’t give SIU that much credit. Northwestern is a bad Big Ten team (barely beat Nebraska and lost to Miami (OH) yesterday) and SIU lost to two FCS teams to start the season. 

This loss was predictable based on past seasons under Bubba. Sure, we all will “see how it plays out”, but my guess is UND goes either 6-5 or 7-4 (although a losing season isn’t out of the question if Bubba’s group implodes like they did in 2017). Playoffs is a possibility, but this team isn’t going far. Same old UND football with Bubba and Chaves’ leadership (I include Chaves because the football budget - namely coaching salary pool - is sort of asking for this kind of mediocrity). 

Agreed let's see how it plays out.

19 hours ago, Irish said:

You talk like this is the first time we've been through this - this is the 9th year of Bubba Ball.

4 games in with a 2-2 record, holy !@#$ our fans are weak. Seriously they have got to be Vikings fans with attitudes like that. Bubba ball has been the Vikings the last 50 years!

19 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I get that there have only been 4 games thus far this season, but this is literally a repeat of every season with Bubba at the helm. At what point do we call out the insanity that is sticking with this? Continually going 6-5 is not going to grow UND football into anything. 

Funny thing is we are not 6-5 yet…….. still 7 games left before you can !@#$ on this team!

7 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

I slept on it. 

I don’t know that was a bad loss. SIU gave us more problems upfront on both sides of the ball that no one else has so far. SIU will be one of the top MVFC teams this year. They could win all of their conference games. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If only we held our “elite” hockey program to such high standards…….

It is.....Brad Berry missed the playoffs a couple years in a row and the heat was getting turned up.  Bubba is a nice guy but slapping people on the backs and shaking hands doesn't win games unfortunately.  

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

If only we held our “elite” hockey program to such high standards…….

Recent 3 peat Penrose cup champions(first time in history a team has done that & Not even mentioning all the championships) with 12 NHL drafted players on the 22-23 roster…

Your description of it being an elite program is quite accurate indeed. 

19 minutes ago, TheFlop said:

It is.....Brad Berry missed the playoffs a couple years in a row and the heat was getting turned up.  Bubba is a nice guy but slapping people on the backs and shaking hands doesn't win games unfortunately.  

Exactly- Berry is on the basically on the hot seat after anything more than 2 losses lmao.  

@Sioux>Bison is just willfully ignorant or trolling. 

1 hour ago, FightingSU said:

Recent 3 peat Penrose cup champions(first time in history a team has done that & Not even mentioning all the championships) with 12 NHL drafted players on the 22-23 roster…

Your description of it being an elite program is quite accurate indeed. 

You say all of that, yet Berry and Bubba have the exact same amount of playoff wins since 2017.

• Like 1