SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

5 hours ago, siouxweet said:

ESPN College Gameday a few times and I would guess it has gotten them a few recruits as well.

I don’t think he is arguing that their success hasn’t brought in better recruits. It hasn’t increased their enrollment or helped them get anymore FBS games. They have positioned themselves for FBS and there is no doubt about that. It will happen eventually and we can’t get left behind again. 

5 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

This attempt at minimization is not factual at all. I hate NDSU athletics as much as the next UND fan, but you can’t argue their football success has done absolutely nothing for their athletic department and university.

Their football only focus has also been a hindrance in moving to the next level. They built their new indoor practice field for football only instead of a multi purpose center. Why? Because all their donors care about is football. 

3 hours ago, iramurphy said:

How do we define “burner”. Is it their timed 40?  What speed will satisfy our wish for a “burner”.  It’s a legitimate issue but how do we define it?

How do we get one ? It’s not like the staff hasn’t been trying. They see the need. Do recruits not want to play for these coaches?

5 hours ago, MNHawk said:

I want someone with a career record that is closer to 67-3 (DeBoer at SF) than 22-21 (Bubba at UMD). That’s for sure. I am thankful for the way that Bubba has turned this football team into a perennial playoff contender and led the program with integrity and class, but I think we should be seriously skeptical about his ability to lead this program to the next level. 

Unfortunately, guys like DeBoer don’t come around often, so it is tough to find another young guy that has experience building dynasties at a lower level, but I would want someone that has won big games as a head coach at a lower level in the Midwest. Names like Jeff Thorne, Gary Fasching, Vince Kehres, Todd Hoffner and Tony Annese come to mind. I don’t know what the interest would look like on either side, but those are the type of guys that I think could be the “next Kalen DeBoer”.

These types of hires don’t always work out (see Tom Arth), but you don’t know if you don’t try.

I don’t know that this is the appropriate place to discuss our next head coach, but you continue to ask us to speculate on that very point, so I will give you your wish. Maybe starting a new thread would be a better route if you wish to continue this discussion on future head coaching options. 

I’ll have to look those guys up but I’ll take your word they are better than Bubba. Tell Chaves to can Bubba and in return you will fund HPC2! Big donors get their way!

14 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Their football only focus has also been a hindrance in moving to the next level. They built their new indoor practice field for football only instead of a multi purpose center. Why? Because all their donors care about is football. 

The indoor facility they built is not a football only facility. The baseball, softball and golf teams will also use it. The Basketball teams were taken care of with  the SHAC a few years ago. The track teams have a new indoor facility. They upgraded their softball stadium 2 years ago. You must not be paying attention...

1 hour ago, fueledbyramen said:

I didn't start it...one of your "fans" did when he was triggered by me saying NDSU would be embarrassed to lose to Nebraska. I said that because other Hawks "fans" on the board were commenting about how you shouldn't be happy with a close game to a bad team like Nebraska. I agreed with that point.

But, I will stop posting, I see enough people are angered and hurt. Apologies.

K bye

39 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

This isn’t the first time you’ve attempted to make this point. I’m genuinely curious, why do you think this is true? Which athletic program at NDSU is struggling?

12 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

damn you’re cool … Fargo university “football only school” but yet still not important in grand scheme of things …so unimportant they can’t even be scheduled to play big schools anymore 

sucks to suck 

go back to bisonville where you can continue your delusional existence

So NDSU can’t schedule P5 schools and UND can? I wonder why? Cheaper to bring in UND? No. It would be a better win to beat UND instead of a win vs NDSU? No. UND would bring more fans to the game? No. The gate would be bigger because we could charge more for a ticket vs UND rather than NDSU? No, actually the reverse. UND is a guaranteed win and NDSU very well could be a loss? Bingo.

13 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Close thread please 

thank you

on to another 2nd straight scholarship team unlike another schools 

Mods YOU KNOW it's time when GFHockey is the voice of reason!

Will agree it's funny how "THE SCHOOL that's too good to allow UND threads in their forum JAM INTO A CLOWN CAR OF MORONS AND IDIOTS to run over here and sh*t on UND when they give a big time program a run for their money...so sad guys?  really?  You're THAT threatened?  wow - total "little man" syndrome but thanks for stopping by!   I'm sure your dad can beat up our dad:-/

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Mama Sue said:

MODS…why are these people allowed to be here? Insulting every part of our university….. then we (I) bite back.

could this be looked into?

I agree with GFHockey… game over…shut this down and let’s focus on the next game

GO UND

Why are you allowed, you know nothing about FB.  > is so filled with hate that he won't inform himself about what's happening in other conference teams and spouts off misinformation.   Back to the Neb game.  You played a great game for a half but what happens in the 4th quarter in your FBS games?  Do they figure out your D scheme or is it your conditioning?  Your TOP should have had them gassed.  You should have been able to run it down their throats in the 4th.  

12 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Ban me brotha! The truth hurts. I've literally not said anything that wasn't true. Hurts....hurts bad.

No, you have. You’ve gathered a ton of garbage with no factual basis - just speculation - from various bizon sources, probably bozoville, and reposted here via word diarrhea. And it somehow is now factual discourse with you criticizing UND? we are all supposed to just listen/read these facts from someone named “fueled by ramen” and take it for fact? Man, you epitomize Fargo U syndrome perfectly. You can stop spewing B.S. any time now - we won’t miss it. In fact, you’re way off topic and derailing everything. 

9 hours ago, nd1sufan said:

So NDSU can’t schedule P5 schools and UND can? I wonder why? Cheaper to bring in UND? No. It would be a better win to beat UND instead of a win vs NDSU? No. UND would bring more fans to the game? No. The gate would be bigger because we could charge more for a ticket vs UND rather than NDSU? No, actually the reverse. UND is a guaranteed win and NDSU very well could be a loss? Bingo.

Keep telling yourself whatever to inflate your gentle, sensitive ego. It obviously needs it given how frequently you visit this UND site.

44 minutes ago, Bison Dan said:

Back to the Neb game.  You played a great game for a half but what happens in the 4th quarter in your FBS games?  Do they figure out your D scheme or is it your conditioning?  Your TOP should have had them gassed.  You should have been able to run it down their throats in the 4th.  

This is a legitimate point. Look back at FBS games: With about 11 minutes left the game turns. Happened Saturday; happened against Texas Tech years back. We’re strong enough, but endurance seems just short at times.