SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

10 hours ago, tnt said:

“Titles are all that matter, screw good seasons when you cant win it all! I had enough of that in college. The season gets boring when you consistently choke when it mattersmost.”

So you have different standards?

UND football is not an elite program and is not funded as such. Hard to expect a title every year. The same could be said of SDSU!

10 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Only NDSU would beat them. SDSU and UND are just happy to put up a good fight. 
NDSU would be demoralized to lose to a crappy, terrible, no good Big 10 Team. 
Nebraska is so bad that even the Gophers will celebrate if they beat them. 

Too bad NDSU will never get invited to play Nebraska! 

10 hours ago, MNHawk said:

Am I wrong to say that this staff has shown questionable ability to judge offensive talent in the past? Address the argument, not the person. 

Who have they misjudged talent wise? It’s not like UND has the recruiting advantage in the region. The only players we have our pick of are the D2 players. The only reason we got Belquist is because Ag U didn’t offer him. What better players have we missed out on?

are you talking about Tommy and our QB’s? You remember how/why we got Tommy right?

5 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Oh the irony…haha. 

“but but but, this is a UND board and you are an ndsu fan, so that makes you pathetic for posting here.”

Yeah you should be on SDSU’s board they are your real rival. I would be embarrassed to go on an opponent’s board and troll. Says something about the person really…..

• Upvote 3

19 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Casey Thompson played for Texas so yes he really sucks….. or Is UND’s defense just very good? 

Did you watch the game?…I don’t care where he played; why does that even matter?

He didn’t pass the eye test. He doesn’t see the field that well, throws a lazy ball, is not very accurate, is not much of a threat to run, and apparently didn’t pass the eye test in Texas either or he would still be there. Just because he plays in the Big Ten does not make him an elite QB…that Nebraska team is awful for the Big Ten.  They would get beat by 60 by the Alabamas and Clemson’s of the college football world.

2 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Yeah you should be on SDSU’s board they are your real rival. I would be embarrassed to go on an opponent’s board and troll. Says something about the person really…..

I’ve always maintained UND is and always has been our rival. 

I know the internet is a scary place for people your age, but webpages are pretty easy to open with the advent of the browser. Its not like you have to drive to grand forks to contribute here. 

30 minutes ago, ksixpack said:

Did you watch the game?…I don’t care where he played; why does that even matter?

He didn’t pass the eye test. He doesn’t see the field that well, throws a lazy ball, is not very accurate, is not much of a threat to run, and apparently didn’t pass the eye test in Texas either or he would still be there. Just because he plays in the Big Ten does not make him an elite QB…that Nebraska team is awful for the Big Ten.  They would get beat by 60 by the Alabamas and Clemson’s of the college football world.

Judging the guy by one game huh? UND is just that good that they made him look bad. The guy started multiple seasons for Texas and played pretty well. Name a better QB in the MVFC! Not one of them would ever play for Texas…… maybe not even Nebraska

11 hours ago, iramurphy said:

Anyone who has ever played sports understands that the coaches job is to prepare the players and put them in a position to succeed. The players need to execute. Kostich can’t kick, block, tackle, punt etc. The only players I played with, coached or have been involved with that blamed the coaches tended to be losers. Does your lady friend have any eligibility left?

As far as comments about what others felt were positive points, those are factors that when breaking down a game are factors. Time of possession (controlling the ball) against a team with the weapons Nebraska has means those weapons are on the bench. It’s an indication that there were positives to take away from a loss like this. 

You just made an argument that Mussman should not have been fired in 2013 because he isn't the one on the field not making plays. :silly:

I think the special teams struggles were more about playing an FBS team than anything else.

24 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Judging the guy by one game huh? UND is just that good that they made him look bad. The guy started multiple seasons for Texas and played pretty well. Name a better QB in the MVFC! Not one of them would ever play for Texas…… maybe not even Nebraska

He’s not a good QB…The Bison probably have 3 that are better…their last 3 certainly were.  The QB play in that game yesterday by both teams was tough to watch.

58 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

You just made an argument that Mussman should not have been fired in 2013 because he isn't the one on the field not making plays. :silly:

I think the special teams struggles were more about playing an FBS team than anything else.

I never mentioned Mussman. I have stated multiple times that the ultimate responsibility for the success and failure of the team rests on the coaches. In this particular case, the problem was execution. No one yet has pointed out what the coach should have done differently.  
The obvious answer is to get better guys. I think they have been trying to do that. My only suggestion is for anyone who wants to be a punter consider a punter’s camp like the one Darren Bennet runs. Last year, this guy didn’t have a big leg, but not many were returned. The coaches probably did the best they could with what we had. Let’s see how this guy does in the next few games. 

• Upvote 1