SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

4 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Oklahoma will win.

UND should’ve beat Nebraska. That 4th quarter collapse is not looking as excusable now. 

I fully expect Oklahoma to win as well and win big, it just would be the most Nebraska thing to pull off an upset.

First thought that popped in my head when Nebraska went down last night, why couldn't UND pull it off.

43 minutes ago, SWSiouxMN said:

First thought that popped in my head when Nebraska went down last night, why couldn't UND pull it off.

UND gave up dagger passes and runs in 4th quarter vs Nebraska. They also gave up big passes and runs vs UNI.

I hope this gets corrected and doesn’t continue to be an issue, or it will cost UND several games this season.

2022 UND football team through two games is an offensive football team with the defense being a liability. 

13 minutes ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

Nebraska is a bad football team.

They looked really good the first few series on both sides of the ball, and now looks like SD Mines playing FCS. Their deep secondary has been very ugly. Also sounds like Georgia Southern packed on the pass yards last week. So if we would've had any deep threat, we could've attacked their weakness.

Hate to extrapolate how the season is going to go based on FBS vs FCS scores, but if one does that, UND hasn’t convinced anyone they are an FCS playoff team. 

Nebraska is horrible. 
UNI crushed by Air Force. 
Air Force lost to Wyoming, which got crushed by Illinois.

Northwestern beat Nebraska, and Southern Illinois is tied with Northwestern at halftime.

This all means little, other than UND has a lot of proving yet to do. 

Need to overcome history and put together a couple road wins @ NAU and @ SIU to keep UND fans engaged and excited when UND returns home to play Missouri State on 10/1/22. Too easy for apathy to set in for UND fans with hockey season around the corner …

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

3 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Hate to extrapolate how the season is going to go based on FBS vs FCS scores, but if one does that, UND hasn’t convinced anyone they are an FCS playoff team. 

Nebraska is horrible. 

Northwestern beat Nebraska, and Southern Illinois is tied with Northwestern at halftime.

Need to overcome history and put together a couple road wins @ NAU and @ SIU to keep UND fans engaged and excited when UND returns home to play Missouri State on 10/1/22. Too easy for apathy to set in for UND fans with hockey season around the corner …

I was thinking that as I watched Air Force lose to Wyoming last night.  First 3 qtrs vs Nebraska and beating UNI has lost some of its glow.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

33 minutes ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Nebraska is horrible. 

I think UNI will win today 

1 hour ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I was thinking that as I watched Air Force lose to Wyoming last night.  First 3 qtrs vs Nebraska and beating UNI has lost some of its glow.

Air Force was without 5 of their starters. They really haven’t had to practice much passing in games because no one could stop the run.