SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

14 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is a legitimate point. Look back at FBS games: With about 11 minutes left the game turns. Happened Saturday; happened against Texas Tech years back. We’re strong enough, but endurance seems just short at times. 

Happened last year at Utah State…

been happening over and over again 

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Keep telling yourself whatever to inflate your gentle, sensitive ego. It obviously needs it given how frequently you visit this UND site.

Not downplaying UND’s effort at all. They played well for 3 quarters. Just pointing out when posters are saying NDSU isn’t good enough to get P5 games on the schedule I was just pointing out that the opposite is actually true. UND better be careful if they want to keep getting those $500k paydays. You win a couple of these and they go away fast.

LINCOLN, NE – SEPTEMBER 3: Running back Tyler Hoosman #32 of the North Dakota Fighting Hawks breaks through the line against the Nebraska Cornhuskers to score in the third quarter at Memorial Stadium on September 3, 2022 in Lincoln, Nebraska. (Photo by Steven Branscombe/Getty Images)

there was a big hole

AC14411D-5475-4EAC-8F2C-84D885890AF5.thumb.jpeg.e9d0dd847cff32d8f568ea03e48b890c.jpeg

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, geaux_sioux said:

Endurance or depth?

Possibly either of those. But to throw an alternative, is it possible something scheme wise is confusing for opponents earlier in the game and then they’re able to find some plays that work over the course of the game? It seems defensively UND is so aggressive that I think it can surprise teams, maybe as the game goes on the offensive staff is able to exploit it? Not sure. It is interesting to see that pattern that has emerged for UND in FBS games though.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Bison06 said:

Possibly either of those. But to throw an alternative, is it possible something scheme wise is confusing for opponents earlier in the game and then they’re able to find some plays that work over the course of the game? It seems defensively UND is so aggressive that I think it can surprise teams, maybe as the game goes on the offensive staff is able to exploit it? Not sure. It is interesting to see that pattern that has emerged for UND in FBS games though.

People forget that good teams adjust. Utah St and Nebraska did it on offense and defense. I wish UND could do the same.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

This is a legitimate point. Look back at FBS games: With about 11 minutes left the game turns. Happened Saturday; happened against Texas Tech years back. We’re strong enough, but endurance seems just short at times. 

Don’t forget Bowling Green, San Jose St, Fresno St…… throughout the Mussman and Bubba eras!

• Upvote 2

The Big10 channel has replays of the games in 60 mins.  It’s a fun way to watch the game without all of the dead time. I watched it again last night.. we were in the game until that stupid duck jump ball 3rd and 15 and then the air seemed to go out of the defense and they killed us on the ground.  Even though it lead to another TD for Nebraska and made the differential worse than it was.. I’m happy we went for it on 4th. If our WR comes up with that catch maybe it’s a different ending.  I still have nightmares about bubba punting late in the game when we are down.

im excited for the rest of the season.. let’s have a great game next week!

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, wheelsup said:

The Big10 channel has replays of the games in 60 mins.  It’s a fun way to watch the game without all of the dead time. I watched it again last night.. we were in the game until that stupid duck jump ball 3rd and 15 and then the air seemed to go out of the defense and they killed us on the ground.  Even though it lead to another TD for Nebraska and made the differential worse than it was.. I’m happy we went for it on 4th. If our WR comes up with that catch maybe it’s a different ending.  I still have nightmares about bubba punting late in the game when we are down.

im excited for the rest of the season.. let’s have a great game next week!

I appreciated Bubba’s newfound balls as well

8 minutes ago, Sioux>Bison said:

People forget that good teams adjust. Utah St and Nebraska did it on offense and defense. I wish UND could do the same.

Well that means Nebraska didn't adjust until after they got that long 3rd down conversion with about 10 minutes left in 4th quarter.  The did get that long TD run with about 3 minutes in 3rd quarter to go up 24-17, but we had them completely bottled up...up the middle on that play and he had nowhere to go, he made a great decision to bust it outside.  That play was not a schemed up adjustment on their part IMO.  When we punted and they were deep in their own end with about 12 minutes to go...they went backwards and we had them 3rd and 15.   So I don't think their coaches out coached us on this one by making timely adjustments.  

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, fueledbyramen said:

You forgot to  tell us who the good teams were. You only mentioned Utah St. and Nebraska. Who are the good teams that have adjusted against UND?

Utah State was 11-3 last year.  They might not have been great, but 11-3 certainly qualifies as good.  But we get it, you just want to troll. 

20 minutes ago, fueledbyramen said:

I came back because I got lots of positive private messages telling me everything I was talking about was true and not trolling...funny how your own fans agree with me? They won't admit it publicly of course. 

Tuns of private memmies

2 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Counterpoint. We always suck on defense to open games and second halves. We usually get at least gashed if not scored on by opening drives. And if you look at how the game unraveled late, we had them dead to rights with 3rd and long and it took a desperation heave to convert. We make that play and who knows what happens.

That’s been a common theme with Holinka. That’s why I wasn’t panicking too much when Nebraska scored right away in the 2nd half. 

2 hours ago, SiouxFan100 said:

Another big play was when we were down 14 and we went for it on 4th and about 12 from our what about 35 yard line - thought our receiver made a great catch but couldn’t hang on. 
was nice to see us going for it though

kind of a no brainer at that point tho....but i still remember the nicholls state punt..........?!!!!!!