SiouxSports.com Forum

UND @ Nebraska 9/3/22

SiouxFan100

3 minutes ago, fueledbyramen said:

By "fan base" do you mean a few morons? Cuz every fan base has that.
Let's try to stay in reality here bud. When you have 100k+ fans, you're gonna have a few hundred that are nuts. 
And don't act like UND wouldn't be going stupid if they won even a single title. You'd have your few morons in the fan base making those signs too. 
And I'm not trolling. I'm just stating facts and you are getting all triggered. If facts from fans of other teams bother you, then maybe stay off the internet. 
I never said UND sucks or anything like that. 

I would never call for games against Alabama. And anyone in our fan base that did would get called out by me.

This thread has nothing to do with NDAC, so yes you are by definition trolling.

1 minute ago, fightingsioux4life said:

I would never call for games against Alabama. And anyone in our fan base that did would get called out by me.

This thread has nothing to do with NDAC, so yes you are by definition trolling.

And idiot ndsu fans who call for games against the likes of Alabama, get called out by those of us who know how that would play out.

13 minutes ago, fueledbyramen said:

By "fan base" do you mean a few morons? Cuz every fan base has that.
Let's try to stay in reality here bud. When you have 100k+ fans, you're gonna have a few hundred that are nuts. 
And don't act like UND wouldn't be going stupid if they won even a single title. You'd have your few morons in the fan base making those signs too. 
And I'm not trolling. I'm just stating facts and you are getting all triggered. If facts from other teams bother you, then maybe stay off the internet. 
I never said UND sucks or anything like that. 

Then why are you here? Cause you're definitely not contributing to anything.

• Upvote 2

41 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

The funding model obviously has to change. Even if the REA contract was more favorable to UND, we still would need a Division l caliber funding model to fund scholarships, facilities, coaching salaries, FCOA, NIL and whatever else comes up as college athletics continues to change and evolve.

So we need more donors and bigger donations? Our fan base must be Tapped out I guess

53 minutes ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Look around buddy, we are already irrelevant in a lot of respects. The focus should be to fix it. But Chaves just wants to wait and see on everything.

Well if you haven’t been meeting with him it would usually because you either aren’t interested or for some reason Chaves doesn’t know about you. Call him up, introduce yourself and ask how you can help. Chaves and other staff members are working hard to bring things together. Right now the focus seems to be on Phase 2 of the facility upgrade. Probably where it should be. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 hours ago, fueledbyramen said:

Only NDSU would beat them. SDSU and UND are just happy to put up a good fight. 
NDSU would be demoralized to lose to a crappy, terrible, no good Big 10 Team. 
Nebraska is so bad that even the Gophers will celebrate if they beat them. 

When was the last time Nebraska football was relevant, 20-25 years ago??  

11 minutes ago, MNHawk said:

I was watching the Washington game last night. They have this new young coach named Kalen DeBoer. I’d like to see what a guy like him could do around here. Probably not realistic that we could get a guy like that though

It seems that somehow I haven’t been able to learn as much about this game as a number of the rest of you. I didn’t realize the answer to all of our problems was as simple as hiring DeBoer. Thanks for your input. I never would have thought of that. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, iramurphy said:

It seems that somehow I haven’t been able to learn as much about this game as a number of the rest of you. I didn’t realize the answer to all of our problems was as simple as hiring DeBoer. Thanks for your input. I never would have thought of that. 

Someone asked for opinions on who we would rather have. I gave my opinion. Don’t ask the question if you don’t want an answer. 

3 minutes ago, SiouxFan100 said:

For those not there at the game - section 21 where UND fans were was right there where our players came and went to the field. Pretty awesome for the players to acknowledge us as they left at halftime.

by the way, first time I experienced it - someone started an U N D chant. I think we now have something to chant at games. Lots of pride at that point  - was pretty loud and sustained.

Section 21 was a blast and the players were loving it going into half time. Also forced a false start on Nebraska in the second half. 

• Upvote 1

If ndsu beats Nebraska what does it do for them or the fans.

gives the a little bragging rights for a few days and the college and gives them a one up on UND, a little more brand and name recognition

its a feel good story that they beat an fbs team

it hasn’t helped their enrollment by winning those games, it hasn’t helped them get better games, it hasn’t helped get them to the fbs, I doubt it gets a graduate a higher salary,

sports is a means to an education and for a few an entry to the pros and to the common student an education gets them a way to make more money and a lot of student debt and by the way I don’t want to pay for your debt.  It’s not a forgiveness of a loan or a grant it’s grand theft from tax payers, just the plain facts.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kab said:

If ndsu beats Nebraska what does it do for them or the fans.

gives the a little bragging rights for a few days and the college and gives them a one up on UND, a little more brand and name recognition

its a feel good story that they beat an fbs team

it hasn’t helped their enrollment by winning those games, it hasn’t helped them get better games, it hasn’t helped get them to the fbs, I doubt it gets a graduate a higher salary,

sports is a means to an education and for a few an entry to the pros and to the common student an education gets them a way to make more money and a lot of student debt and by the way I don’t want to pay for your debt.  It’s not a forgiveness of a loan or a grant it’s grand theft from tax payers, just the plain facts.

so true

46 minutes ago, MNHawk said:

Someone asked for opinions on who we would rather have. I gave my opinion. Don’t ask the question if you don’t want an answer. 

I didn’t ask the question. I was happy to hear  the answer.  I’m just learning all I can.  

Well I had fun yesterday. Probably should have researched the seats a little better because man that sun really killed us. There was definitely some encouraging things that we saw but man like everyone’s saying if we stop them on that 3rd and long this whole thread could look a lot different. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, MNHawk said:

That’s not a realistic response. He is no longer an option. We cant go back in the future and fix it. Who now today should UND replace Bubba with? Name someone realistic!