SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

4 hours ago, Frozen4sioux said:

could not be more wrong on that, cable subs are plummeting and OTA in combo with streaming options is still hotter than a box of crotches.

If I had midco in WY I would not have dropped cable, I miss midco lots! Can’t say that for any other state I’ve lived in!

On 6/20/2022 at 1:40 PM, gfhockey said:

Midco called our bluff and won

bad on chaves 

LMAO. Almost had this one right. 

UND and Midco Sports agreed to a four-year contract worth $2 million for the school's television broadcast rights. The deal includes a pair of two-year options that could take the partnership through the 2029-30 sports season.

The $500,000 per year contract was a substantial monetary boost from UND's previous TV rights deals. In 2012, it signed a five-year deal worth $1 million ($200,000 per year) with Midco. In 2017, it extended that contract for another five years for $1.425 million ($285,000 per year).

The new contract also includes other major financial commitments.

Among them are a $500,000 donation to the Champions Club, $200,000 in upgraded broadcast equipment at the Betty Engelstad Sioux Center, $250,000 for a Midco Sports set and broadcast equipment in Ralph Engelstad Arena for pregame, postgame and intermission productions, $250,000 for upgraded production vehicles, $20,000 for a fiberoptic extension to Bronson Field for soccer broadcasts, $50,000 annually to employ UND students to assist in basketball and volleyball broadcasts and $100,000 annually in sponsorships.

• Upvote 1

YES, Midco Sports is in the Twin Cities.  I will have to check my channel lineup.

Midco Sports will expand its reach into the Twin Cities this season.

It has signed a contract to have an assigned channel on Comcast for cable subscribers in the Twin Cities.

If I am understanding everything I have read so far- 

Increased $$$ amount, increased coverage into Twin Cities, increased amount of televised games, better radio coverage (if Fargo is figured out), a dedicated football guy that can easily do other sports and was the best TV guy for our in state rival, planned improvements to infrastructure air televising other events.  

When does the bluff get called?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Fargo radio is figured out, just not announced. 

I'd hoped for a solution that would get UND on radio towers in Tioga and Grand Rapids, MN*, also, but alas, the more things change the more they stay the same. 

*One Fargo radio group has that. 

54 minutes ago, homer said:

If I am understanding everything I have read so far- 

Increased $$$ amount, increased coverage into Twin Cities, increased amount of televised games, better radio coverage (if Fargo is figured out), a dedicated football guy that can easily do other sports and was the best TV guy for our in state rival, planned improvements to infrastructure air televising other events.  

When does the bluff get called?

You know it's good since no bizun trolls have come over here to try and minimize it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FSSD said:

YES, Midco Sports is in the Twin Cities.  I will have to check my channel lineup.

Midco Sports will expand its reach into the Twin Cities this season.

It has signed a contract to have an assigned channel on Comcast for cable subscribers in the Twin Cities.

Like on a regular channel? With xfinity? When????

47 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd hoped for a solution that would get UND on towers in Tioga and Grand Rapids, MN*, also, but alas, the more things change the more they stay the same. 

I think the flag has a station in tioga and maybe just put one in watford city 

Before we had all the TV games I would drive around pheasant hunting and listen to the game on radio, I believe it was Kfyr 

was a good way to spend a Saturday afternoon

Were  always some watering holes on my hunting route , never went thirsty 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

You know it's good since no bizun trolls have come over here to try and minimize it.

Nah. We're busy feeling good because of another indication of our lofty place in the world. We just hired a radio announcer away from a CUSA school after our last announcer was hired by an ACC school. Just another piece of evidence that we're really a top-third G5 program. Bow, puny mortals.

;);):D

1 hour ago, Hammersmith said:

Nah. We're busy feeling good because of another indication of our lofty place in the world. We just hired a radio announcer away from a CUSA school after our last announcer was hired by an ACC school. Just another piece of evidence that we're really a top-third G5 program. Bow, puny mortals.

Point of order: Your "CUSA school" announcer has never announced a conference CUSA game and his CUSA school isn't CUSA until 2023. Details matter. 

Meanwhile our television announcer gets stolen away to do national broadcasts for CBS Sports

1 hour ago, Hammersmith said:

LOL you ate that bait right up.

2 hours ago, Hammersmith said:

Ah man, at least include the part where your other radio host/play by play guy threw a fit because he didn't get the job and quit!

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Point of order: Your "CUSA school" announcer has never announced a conference CUSA game and his CUSA school isn't CUSA until 2023. Details matter. 

Meanwhile our television announcer gets stolen away to do national broadcasts for CBS Sports

I think I worded it that way just for you. Was wondering if someone was going to point that out. ;)

10 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I'd hoped for a solution that would get UND on radio towers in Tioga and Grand Rapids, MN*, also, but alas, the more things change the more they stay the same. 

Honest question, why?