SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

10 hours ago, bincitysioux said:

I know its sacrilege to criticize Hennessey, but he is getting hard to listen to in my opinion to just a casual fan.  He's just difficult to hear at times I feel.  I would love it if Ryan Cunningham got an opportunity to call a UND hockey game.  He's a solid PxP guy..........

I’m a big Hennessy fan. He still calls the games fine in my opinion. Any of the other podcast interview stuff he sounds like he about to kick the can…….

• Upvote 1

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/8/29/football-notes-north-dakota-opens-the-season-at-nebraska.aspx

North Dakota at Nebraska
Lincoln, Neb. (Memorial Stadium)
Nebraska leads the series, 1-0
Kickoff: 2:30 p.m.
TV: Big Ten Network
Radio: Home of Economy Radio Network (Pregame Show @ 1:30 p.m.)

It'd be good to know what that radio network is for 2022-23 ... 

I guess we know part of it: https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/8/2/general-und-athletics-iheart-media-agree-to-multi-year-radio-broadcast-rights.aspx 

7 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

... but we have an official grocery store to go to for a beer (Pub 506). 

Will @gfhockeybe holding meet-and-greets there? :)

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/8/31/general-north-dakota-athletics-hugos-family-marketplace-announce-partnership.aspx

Beats the hell out of the last "OFFICIAL" grocery store of UND Athletics that was....wait for it....HORNBACHERS that lasted a year and a half in GF and then BAILED - but - Learfield signed them to a multi-year deal so they had the embarrassing situation of being the "official grocer" of UND while NOT having a store here while Hugo's has been a long-time TOP RATE supporter of UND.   Horbachers showed their loyalty to Fargo - Hugo's has ALWAYS been about Grand Forks.   VERY GLAD those douchebags from Learfield are OUT of the picture.

and also ABOUT DAMN TIME Hugo's is the "official grocer" and yeah GO TO THE 506 and thank Hugo's for all their support for UND over the years.   The downtown store is a great new asset and Hugo's has been a rock solid sponsor of UND athletics from the start. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

So it's the iHeart stations (GFK, BIS, Minot, Dickinson) and KFGO Fargo (heard them say they have the Nebraska game) ... because that's all we know? 

https://fightinghawks.com/sports/2018/6/7/2048128861.aspx

Apparently this is Home of Economy Radio Network for the 22-23  season.

Home of Economy Radio Network (Updated 2022-23)

Grand Forks:

96.1 KQHT FM- Football, Hockey

100.3. KSNR FM- Men’s & Women's Basketball, Hockey & Football Conflicts

1440 KKXL-AM. Hawk Talk, Basketball Conflicts

Fargo:

790 KFGO-AM-FM Football, Hockey

104.7 KFGO FM

740 KNFL- AM Football, Hockey Conflicts, Men's & Women's Basketball

Bismarck:

Football- 1130 KMBR-AM

Hockey- 710 KXMR-AM

Minot:

Football - KRRZ-AM 1390

Hockey - KZPR 105.3 FM

Langdon:

Hockey & Football (Select Games) - KNDK 1080-AM

Dickinson:

Hockey & Football - 1460 KLTC-AM

Alternates - KCAD 99.1 FM & KZRX 92.1 FM

Williston:

Hockey & Football - 101.5 KDSR-FM

Devils Lake:

Hockey & Football - 102.5 KDVL-FM

Beulah:

Football & Hockey (Saturday Only) - KDKT-AM 1410

Park Rapids:

870-KPRM AM

Park Rapids - 100.5FM

Bemidji - 103.1FM

Walker - 96.3FM

Staples/Wadena - 94.7FM

Warroad:

Hockey (Select Games Only) - 92.5 KKWQ-FM

Roseau - 1410 KRWB AM

The official release came about 4.5 hours before kickoff. Cutting it close, eh? 

I suspect Looker is doing road hockey color in preparation for him to take over when Hennessy is done. And Looker being a radio guy lightens the road technical load on Tim. (Assuming Looker will stay PA guy at REA for now.) It feels like succession planning, which is smart. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

The official release came about 4.5 hours before kickoff. Cutting it close, eh? 

I suspect Looker is doing road hockey color in preparation for him to take over when Hennessy is done. And Looker being a radio guy lightens the road technical load on Tim. (Assuming Looker will stay PA guy at REA for now.) It feels like succession planning, which is smart. 

Also will be nice to have a 2 man booth for all road games . 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Wonder what midco pre and post game show will look like? 

They're working on it - contract signing was so late it has all broadcast entities scrambling to provide the best product available so give them a break early.   Midco has always provided a solid product for UND.  They will for this too.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, gfNDfan said:

They're working on it - contract signing was so late it has all broadcast entities scrambling to provide the best product available so give them a break early.   Midco has always provided a solid product for UND.  They will for this too.

Not doubting the production, just curious who they bring In for the show. My guess is Jody Norstedt anchors and hopefully they have some alumni.

21 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Not doubting the production, just curious who they bring In for the show. My guess is Jody Norstedt anchors and hopefully they have some alumni.

They said on a podcast that some people will rotate in.  Like when certain alumni are in town, etc.  In addition to whoever is usually there.

2 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Did anyone else try streaming the Nebraska game on the new Iheart stream for 1440 AM in Grand Forks?  I'm pretty sure it was just playing the Twin Cities broadcast so I had to stream KFGO's Iheart broadcast.  

Football is on 96.1 FM The Fox so you needed that stream. 

Didn't you read the link you provided? :huh:  :D

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/9/3/general-und-athletics-unveils-2022-23-home-of-economy-radio-network.aspx

• Like 1