SiouxSports.com Forum

Broadcasting rights

gfhockey

4 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Football is on 96.1 FM The Fox so you needed that stream. 

Didn't you read the link you provided? :huh:  :D

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2022/9/3/general-und-athletics-unveils-2022-23-home-of-economy-radio-network.aspx

I'm an idiot.  Kinda had tunnel vision once I was on the Iheart app, as I was thinking everything live in GF would just stream to the 1440 Iheart app (I guess in addition to the main gf station).  

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Haks relative? 

Close (and not wrong) but better phrased as ...

One of former UND Alumni Assoc Exec VP (and former UND Hockey color guy) Tim O'Keefe's two daughters. The hockey intermission broadcaster (Katie) is married to Ryan Hale; the other is a UND Law graduate and Mrs. Dave Hakstol. 

If you don't know all the links in the chain you don't understand how it swings. 

15 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Close (and not wrong) but better phrased as ...

One of former UND Alumni Assoc Exec VP (and former UND Hockey color guy) Tim O'Keefe's two daughters. The hockey intermission broadcaster (Katie) is married to Ryan Hale; the other is a UND Law graduate and Mrs. Dave Hakstol. 

If you don't know all the links in the chain you don't understand how it swings. 

Also known as La Casa NorthDakota-stra - Me Familia Sioux Style! 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, FightingSU said:

Who did we have last year? Is this her first year doing the hockey broadcasts, I am confused.

She's coming over from WDAY. I don't recall anymore. I was at every home game so, I didn't get to watch the broadcasts. I don't recall who, if anyone did it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Goon said:

She's coming over from WDAY. I don't recall anymore. I was at every home game so, I didn't get to watch the broadcasts. I don't recall who, if anyone did it. 

Midco hasn't had a ice level reporter for the past few seasons. Coaches and players just talk to Alex and Jake through headsets. 

9 hours ago, Green Banner said:

Midco hasn't had a ice level reporter for the past few seasons. Coaches and players just talk to Alex and Jake through headsets. 

That was a covid thing instituted by the Ralph - no reporters on ice level.  She will do a pre-game show and ice level reports during the live game.