SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

25 minutes ago, brianvf said:

He's like an even more skilled version of Chay Genoway.

Oh yeah way more skilled/dynamic. It’s like watching Sanderson last year. You can watch for like 5-10 minutes and you instantly notice these guys are way better than anyone else on the ice 

7 hours ago, brianvf said:

Motzko gets CNH's Coach of the Year:

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/news/2023/03/28_CHN-Coach-of-the-Year-Bob.php

No offense to Bob, but I'm pretty sure I could have coached the Gophers to 25+ wins this season.  ;) 

Hopefully it’s a consolation prize after Minny goes tits up in the semifinals!

• Like 1

On 3/20/2023 at 12:05 PM, Dustin said:

Love the idea (it's not a new one), but I know there are some logistics problems in this case.  The biggest problem is that the venues and host institutions would not know they are supposed to hold a regional until just a few days before it is supposed to start.  Maybe there could be a week delay between the conf. championships and NCAA starting?  Not sure how much that would help.  Or announce the #1 seeds at the conclusion of the regular season?  I don't think any potential #1 seed would find its way out the NCAA tournament at that point.

The NCAA needs to change their venue capacity rule of 5000. Over 60 programs, only like 20 meet capacity, some seat under 1000. Good luck to one of them hosting.

2 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

Matthew Knies was the Big 10 player of the year. Kind of hard to win the Hobey without winning your conference’s player of the year award if past winners are any indication. 

Exactly Knies is going to be the winner.