SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

2 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Technically correct, but it’s a 50/50 shot these days…hey, are you going to the “most consecutive winning seasons” banner-raising ceremony next fall?

Nope. I was disappointed with how this season ended to, but I'm not going to act like we are Miami either. But if hanging banners is your metric, we've been 50/50 in doing that as well so I guess we'll see what next year brings. 

5 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Nope. I was disappointed with how this season ended to, but I'm not going to act like we are Miami either. But if hanging banners is your metric, we've been 50/50 in doing that as well so I guess we'll see what next year brings. 

3 seasons out of 8 with wins in the teens.  Hakstol’s WORST season was 22.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Good times, weren’t they?  Literally had to Google where Canisius College was located before that weekend.  

I’d highly recommend attending a Canisius hockey series if feasible. The food in Buffalo is unbelievable! Buffalo having a history as an old mob town from the prohibition days, has lots of great Italian restaurants. The arena is a really nice venue. The arena itself is elevated above ground seven stories up. And has that open air concourse design that’s become very popular as of late. The arena is across the street from where the Buffalo Sabres play.

https://gogriffs.com/sports/2016/5/24/210975389.aspx

3 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Told my two youngest kids this morning, “boys, I’m old enough to remember watching the selection show so we could find out who North Dakota was playing this coming week…”

Did you tell them there were only 12 teams when you were their age?

11 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

And three seasons with winning percentages better than Hakstol's best. Unfortunately 2 came in COVID marred seasons. 

Oh, so we’re going to * two Covid seasons as a negative…how about an * next to the home-cooked Frozen Faceoff championship too then?

4 hours ago, MafiaMan said:

Told my two youngest kids this morning, “boys, I’m old enough to remember watching the selection show so we could find out who North Dakota was playing this coming week…”

hope you added the qualifiers, back when i was a fan  & before I became a professional troll

• Like 1
  • Downvote 2

33 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

2023 Fargo ticket holders (past and present): what is your plan with the tickets? If you relinquished, when did you do so and why?

Still going.....all caught up with Outer Banks.

• Upvote 2

For this year's NCAA tournament, my primary rooting motivation is less about who wins than who doesn't: namely, that neither Denver nor Michigan* take home title #10. I want UND to be the first to double-digits. Also hoping that neither the Gophers nor BU win #6. I don't like any of those guys.

A Western Michigan win would be cool. Keep the title in the National Championship Hockey Conference. Doubly cool if WMU gets to eliminate the Wolverines along the way. 

*Sidenote: Assuming Michigan doesn't win the championship this year, it will have been a quarter century since their last title. Let that sink in. 

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

For this year's NCAA tournament, my primary rooting motivation is less about who wins than who doesn't: namely, that neither Denver nor Michigan* take home title #10. I want UND to be the first to double-digits. Also hoping that neither the Gophers nor BU win #6. I don't like any of those guys.

A Western Michigan win would be cool. Keep the title in the National Championship Hockey Conference. Doubly cool if WMU gets to eliminate the Wolverines along the way. 

*Sidenote: Assuming Michigan doesn't win the championship this year, it will have been a quarter century since their last title. Let that sink in. 

hak is going on year 35 or so of no titles....keep that in perspective.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 90siouxfan said:

hope you added the qualifiers, back when i was a fan  & before I became a professional troll

Listen Brianna, I know you’re still a little salty about the NODAK jersey issue, but I think we can all move on from that now, right?  

I guess we’re now back to bashing people for not being true fans if they have anything negative to say.  I went to Friday’s game and cheered the team on, then had to pry 3 drunk Sioux fans off of a DU fan who decided that after OT was a good time to taunt everyone in green in our section.  But hey, by all means, go on being the superhero with the cape as the positivity police here on the message board. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

2023 Fargo ticket holders (past and present): what is your plan with the tickets? If you relinquished, when did you do so and why?

Still have them, but I'm on the fence. I went to the Regional when UND hosted in Sioux Falls. I had fun, they kept the arena at 53 degrees the first day. There were signs held by St. Cloud fans "Where's UND?". I wish I would have taken a picture and sent it to B-Rad.

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Listen Brianna, I know you’re still a little salty about the NODAK jersey issue, but I think we can all move on from that now, right?  

I guess we’re now back to bashing people for not being true fans if they have anything negative to say.  I went to Friday’s game and cheered the team on, then had to pry 3 drunk Sioux fans off of a DU fan who decided that after OT was a good time to taunt everyone in green in our section.  But hey, by all means, go on being the superhero with the cape as the positivity police here on the message board. 

had to step up, haven't seen Stoney in a hot minute.

defending the lone DU fan? you are heaven bound, the lord likes those that stand up for the feeble minded

• Upvote 1

Just now, 90siouxfan said:

had to step up, haven't seen Stoney in a hot minute.

defending the lone DU fan? you are heaven bound, the lord likes those that stand up for the feeble minded

Encouraging the drunks in green to simply leave the arena rather than jaw-jack with the Pioneer moron was the least I could do.  2 of those 3 guys were likely headed towards an assault charge without some intervention.  

3 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

Encouraging the drunks in green to simply leave the arena rather than jaw-jack with the Pioneer moron was the least I could do.  2 of those 3 guys were likely headed towards an assault charge without some intervention.  

whatever happened to the guy and victim that happened last year i think...sioux fan sucker punched someone and he hit his head?