SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Love the idea (it's not a new one), but I know there are some logistics problems in this case.  The biggest problem is that the venues and host institutions would not know they are supposed to hold a regional until just a few days before it is supposed to start.  Maybe there could be a week delay between the conf. championships and NCAA starting?  Not sure how much that would help.  Or announce the #1 seeds at the conclusion of the regular season?  I don't think any potential #1 seed would find its way out the NCAA tournament at that point.

worked in the past....

2 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

didn't und host a regional at REA around '05 that had Michigan up here..

2006.  That was not hosted by a #1 seed (which was Minnesota). That regional was bid well in advance. I’d be ok with a return to this format, but it’s not what is being suggested earlier in the thread. 

6 minutes ago, Dustin said:

2006.  That was not hosted by a #1 seed (which was Minnesota). That regional was bid well in advance. I’d be ok with a return to this format, but it’s not what is being suggested earlier in the thread. 

didn't know they were advance bids...interesting.

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

what would be the attendance be if the west regional was in an "allegiant" city....LV or Phoenix?

1500-2000 at best.  Attendance is even falling in the basketball tournament as there are more and more empty seats.  Need to go back to on campus sites.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nodakvindy said:

Not sure campus sites help if NCAA prices tickets out of reach.

Yes but it is easier for local fans to shell out $40-$50 a ticket without having the additional travel and hotel expenses.  These kids have fought  all year to get to this point and deserve more than playing in front of empty arenas.

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

ESPN2 and ESPN+. All tournament games are on the latter.

Mankato Cloud is on ESPNU, Cornell Denver on ESPNews and Canisius/MN on ESPN2.

Ah yes, the annual "Oh crap, does my cable/streaming package include [insert random ESPN channel here]?"