SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

21 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

hak is going on year 35 or so of no titles....keep that in perspective.

Yea, we all know any qualified mite coach could have taken the…[checks notes]…Philadelphia Flyers of a few years ago and the expansion Seattle Kraken to the Stanley Cup title. 

Fargo (Thu/Sat)
1. Minnesota vs. 4. Canisius
2. St. Cloud State vs. 3. Minnesota State

Bridgeport (Fri/Sun)
1. Quinnipiac vs. 4. Merrimack
2. Harvard vs. 3. Ohio State

Allentown (Fri/Sun)
1. Michigan vs. 4. Colgate
2. Penn State vs. 3. Michigan Tech

Manchester (Thu/Sat)
1. Denver vs. 4. Cornell
2. Boston University vs. 3. Western Michigan

4 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I’d highly recommend attending a Canisius hockey series if feasible. The food in Buffalo is unbelievable! Buffalo having a history as an old mob town from the prohibition days, has lots of great Italian restaurants. The arena is a really nice venue. The arena itself is elevated above ground seven stories up. And has that open air concourse design that’s become very popular as of late. The arena is across the street from where the Buffalo Sabres play.

https://gogriffs.com/sports/2016/5/24/210975389.aspx

First time I was in that hotel I was working there. I had to go to a few different floors and it was quite unique to get off the elevator at floor seven and  unexpectedly find a hockey rink. The sabres were practicing when I was there. Definitely one of the more unique venues in hockey. 

• Upvote 1

I'd say the "easiest" regional is Allentown.
Even though it is close to PSU, I think Michigan comes out of that pretty easily if they play like they did in the B10 tourney.

I think Minnesota comes out of Fargo.  I'd love to see SCSU take them down, but SCSU looked plenty beatable against UND on Friday...UND just didn't bury their chances.  UMN with their better offensive players will take advantage of SCSU much easier than we did.

I could see any one of three teams coming out of both Manchester and Bridgeport.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Fargo (Thu/Sat)

Bridgeport (Fri/Sun)

Allentown (Fri/Sun)

Manchester (Thu/Sat)
1. Denver vs. 4. Cornell

Oof.  Making sure only 1 Minnesota team makes the Frozen Four this time around.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, brianvf said:

I'd say the "easiest" regional is Allentown.
Even though it is close to PSU, I think Michigan comes out of that pretty easily if they play like they did in the B10 tourney.

I think Minnesota comes out of Fargo.  I'd love to see SCSU take them down, but SCSU looked plenty beatable against UND on Friday...UND just didn't bury their chances.  UMN with their better offensive players will take advantage of SCSU much easier than we did.

I could see any one of three teams coming out of both Manchester and Bridgeport.

Spot on 

17 minutes ago, brianvf said:

You don't see Canisius winning two?  ;) 
Geez, that state of MN would burn if that happened.

I imagine there would be a run on Canisius jerseys if that happened had they not prevented us from getting into the tourney years ago.

1 hour ago, brianvf said:

Fargo (Thu/Sat)

Bridgeport (Fri/Sun)

Allentown (Fri/Sun)

Manchester (Thu/Sat)
1. Denver vs. 4. Cornell

Manchester looks tough

With the sole exception of Denver, nobody else has held an NCAA trophy in over a decade.  This has got to be one of the hungriest NCAA fields ever.  After Denver, the championship droughts are as follows:

Boston Univ. (14 years)

Minnesota (20 years)

Michigan (25 years)

Harvard (34 years)

Michigan Tech (48 years)

Cornell (53 years)

The remaining 9 teams (over half the field) have never won a title.

Once UND is out, my rooting interest usually becomes the team that has never won or has a long title drought.  So, lots of teams to cheer for this year.  Hope it's an interesting tournament.

3 minutes ago, Dustin said:

With the sole exception of Denver, nobody else has held an NCAA trophy in over a decade.  This has got to be one of the hungriest NCAA fields ever.  After Denver, the championship droughts are as follows:

Boston Univ. (14 years)

Minnesota (20 years)

Michigan (25 years)

Harvard (34 years)

Michigan Tech (48 years)

Cornell (53 years)

Once UND is out, my rooting interest usually becomes the team that has never won or has a long title drought.  So, lots of teams to cheer for this year.  Hope it's an interesting tournament.

875d3d3c-0216-414b-b98b-bc4d69a4d1b6_tex

rooting for harvard so the micheal bolton clone can finally have peace on his way to his skiing trip with his family....

10 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Boston Univ. (14 years)

Minnesota (20 years)

Michigan (25 years)

Harvard (34 years)

Michigan Tech (48 years)

Cornell (53 years)

Has it really been that long since BU beat Miami in that heartbreaking ot game?

15 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

don't even need to put this to a vote....regionals should be hosted by #1 seeds!

Love the idea (it's not a new one), but I know there are some logistics problems in this case.  The biggest problem is that the venues and host institutions would not know they are supposed to hold a regional until just a few days before it is supposed to start.  Maybe there could be a week delay between the conf. championships and NCAA starting?  Not sure how much that would help.  Or announce the #1 seeds at the conclusion of the regular season?  I don't think any potential #1 seed would find its way out the NCAA tournament at that point.