SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

19 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

We'll counter with Red Pepper grinders. Sign with UND and you get free grinders while you are here. Problem solved. :wink:

I would include the chips and the white sauce, too. 

• Upvote 1

So, I just watched a gopher hockey preview, and keeping in mind today's cancel culture, how is Wally Shaver still employed calling Minnesota hockey games after  calling (albeit mistakenly, not the brightest bulb) a Minnesota born hockey player a derogatory term during a university of Minnesota broadcast?  

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

So, I just watched a gopher hockey preview, and keeping in mind today's cancel culture, how is Wally Shaver still employed calling Minnesota hockey games after  calling (albeit mistakenly, not the brightest bulb) a Minnesota born hockey player a derogatory term during a university of Minnesota broadcast?  

Missed that...did he call him a gofer?

13 minutes ago, brianvf said:

<cue MN fans outrage>

Did you watch the ceremony when gopher fans cheered and handled it with grace ?? As did cooley and knies.  Aren't we better than being so petty about MN every other comment on this board ? Guess not .... hopefully Blake wins the hobey next year 

9 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

Did you watch the ceremony when gopher fans cheered and handled it with grace ?? As did cooley and knies.  Aren't we better than being so petty about MN every other comment on this board ? Guess not .... hopefully Blake wins the hobey next year 

Have you checked out gopher Twitter at all lately?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

Literally the first two comments to Schlossman's Twitter post about Fantilli winning the Hobey are MN fans complaining about his lack of character.  :) 

2 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Literally the first two comments to Schlossman's Twitter post about Fantilli winning the Hobey are MN fans complaining about his lack of character.  :) 

I liked what Schloss said the other day on his podcast that it’s the Hobey Baker award for the best college hockey player, it’s not the Lady Bing award. 

8 minutes ago, brianvf said:

Fair enough , I must just be looking for some positivity and thought there was a chance I could find it here.  but I agree with Schloss the voters got it right.  But I would take an ncaa championship over the hobey.  So changing subjects what are the odds of dinkytown rioting tomorrow night ?? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MGsioux said:

Fair enough , I must just be looking for some positivity and thought there was a chance I could find it here.  but I agree with Schloss the voters got it right.  But I would take an ncaa championship over the hobey.  So changing subjects what are the odds of dinkytown rioting tomorrow night ?? 

They will riot no matter if they win or lose 

27 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

Yeah but off ice issues cost Frattin the Hobey.

I wasn’t aware that Fantilli had off ice issues. I took Schloss’ comments to just mean he’d taken quite a few penalties and detractors were saying that’s why he didn’t deserve to win the Hobey. 

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Godsmack said:

I wasn’t aware that Fantilli had off ice issues. I took Schloss’ comments to just mean he’d taken quite a few penalties and detractors were saying that’s why he didn’t deserve to win the Hobey. 

They will bring up his Gordie Howe hat track.

1 hour ago, tnt said:

I didn’t know that Gavin O’Connell flipped from UMD to Michigan State because of his relationship to Nightingale, besides losing Howard through the portal.  

Is that a recent development or did that happen awhile ago?

3 minutes ago, cberkas said:

They will bring up his Gordie Howe hat track.

If anything, that’d give me more reason to vote for him. :D

8 hours ago, brianvf said:

Is that a recent development or did that happen awhile ago?

If anything, that’d give me more reason to vote for him. :D

https://michiganstate.rivals.com/news/michigan-state-hockey-signs-gavin-o-connell-and-owen-baker-for-next-season?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAMHwPe7ccX65dODhwQexvwBFW5r4RmZKFGRUJh3YYupCYB690qwpip68iH7cAYHH5I32WV0pUpB9PV5_TukB1EI0cMD8ygOTMq1ocQfLkWD6FZOt5i1I1re7WseTzBt6OyR4JOURVNYigYd2C6_7bM0C0xJrM3qICgMlaHRgMEcV

Looks like it must have been at least a month ago. It says the Bulldogs might not have had room, but I’m sure the portal changes everything in that regard.  So did they lose him like we lost Spicer?