SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

Well, F***. I had a feeling this day was coming. I don't hold anything against him as I can't blame a guy for taking care of his family. This is just an indictment of college sports and the poison that all the money involved is. He's getting paid double the salary of MSU's president as the hockey coach at Wisconsin. If there is anything that's going to kill college sports it's the money involved.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, bale31 said:

What a gut punch of a day for Mankato fans. Top 2 defensemen leave yesterday. Pavel and Borchardt today. And to top it off, Hastings too. I hope to goodness the recruiting pipeline stays stable.

Is the MSUM message board blowing up like what happened here yesterday?  ;) :D  

THere is a part of me that says Hasty did this now to help out Knott and Kato. Yes, it's a top 5 job in the country, so it's not the #1,#2,#3,#4 or probably #10 reason, but if he was going to leave at some point this is a good time. We've all been worried abotu Knott leaving just as much as Hastings. This give Kato the opportunity to hire him before he leaves and he's harder to get back. Worst case scenario is that Knott leaves and then Hastings leaves 1 year later. Then we'd really be up a creek. This is the best possible way for him to leave if he is going to. It sucks, but it's the life of a small school.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bale31 said:

What a gut punch of a day for Mankato fans. Top 2 defensemen leave yesterday. Pavel and Borchardt today. And to top it off, Hastings too. I hope to goodness the recruiting pipeline stays stable.

Do you think some of them left because Hastings made them aware of his plans, or is this something he couldn’t afford to let out ahead of the announcement?

39 minutes ago, tnt said:

Do you think some of them left because Hastings made them aware of his plans, or is this something he couldn’t afford to let out ahead of the announcement?

I dont really think so. There was no one that left that really surprised me. It's my understanding that each of the early departuresso far could have left last year. From what I've heard, it was so hush hush that his friends in Kato didn't even know.

2 hours ago, bale31 said:

Well, F***. I had a feeling this day was coming. I don't hold anything against him as I can't blame a guy for taking care of his family. This is just an indictment of college sports and the poison that all the money involved is. He's getting paid double the salary of MSU's president as the hockey coach at Wisconsin. If there is anything that's going to kill college sports it's the money involved.

I look at this differently.  I think this promotes that  the idea of capitalism is well and good. We may or may not be  in the careers, where we able to take a job where we end up making more than our current boss.  This example demonstrates that.  I think Coach Hastings is a very good coach.  I’m sure those in Mankato will rightfully miss him, but he left the program in a good place  and his legacy there will always be part of the foundation of the programs bedrock.

https://www.uscho.com/2023/03/30/minnesota-states-hastings-announced-as-next-head-coach-at-wisconsin/

WHAT??  NOOOO!!! Not another #culture coach!!

“Wisconsin is one of college hockey’s great programs and I am both thrilled and humbled to have this opportunity,” Hastings said in a statement. “I want to thank Chris McIntosh for his belief in me. Badger hockey has a lot going for it – great alums, fans, facilities, tradition, a terrific campus and city. I can’t wait to get to Madison and start working with our team on building a winning culture on and off the ice.”

:D :D