SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

2 hours ago, cberkas said:

Has only 4 years of head coaching experience, really just coaching experience. This might end up being a disaster for Michigan State.

Maybe their next coach can be a player on the team :lol:

7 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I guess that Ice Breaker trophy is a participation trophy. Kinda.

Do they not give a trophy for the Ice Breaker tournament?
michigan had the best record with two wins against Duluth and Mankato. Providence was blanked.

9 hours ago, farce poobah said:

The kind of a post you make if you are daring the AD to not renew your contract.   Or if you're an insecure egomaniac.

Or both.

I’m guessing the GLI trophy is not present in this picture.

6 hours ago, cberkas said:

Has only 4 years of head coaching experience, really just coaching experience. This might end up being a disaster for Michigan State.

Nightingale: he's the HC of the USA U-18s and a Michigan State alumnus.

I wonder how it worked out the last time they hired a guy with that exact resume.
No.
Wait.
We know.
It's Danton Cole, the guy they just fired:blink::lol:

7 hours ago, cberkas said:

Maybe their next coach can be a player on the team :lol:

Or try fan-controlled coaching? I would pay cash money to watch that.

(What's the hockey equivalent to a fake punt anyway?)

1 hour ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

Pearson's tweet says "Not a bad haul this year". 

Hell of a deal. I took it as he was reflecting that they won it this past hockey season. Sorry 

7 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

The 2 trophies on the right say 2018, is that correct?

The two say 2018, the whole "spring semester" part in May made me go, "what Mel?" :lol:

After looking, the B1G Tournament trophy was won in 2016 by Red. Come-on Mel fake it better than that :lol::D:whistling:

5 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Or try fan-controlled coaching? I would pay cash money to watch that.

(What's the hockey equivalent to a fake punt anyway?)

Being down 4-0, scoring 3 goals in 7 minutes and having all the momentum and then pulling your goalie with 4 minutes left.

• Upvote 3

17 hours ago, farce poobah said:

The kind of a post you make if you are daring the AD to not renew your contract.   Or if you're an insecure egomaniac.

Or both.

My guess is that Michigan gives him a one-year contract at his same salary level, full of bonuses while they pressure the NCAA.  Once the NCAA caves and says, "there is nothing to see here", Michigan will give him a big contract extension praising his trustworthiness.

12 minutes ago, KSSioux said:

My guess is that Michigan gives him a one-year contract at his same salary level, full of bonuses while they pressure the NCAA.  Once the NCAA caves and says, "there is nothing to see here", Michigan will give him a big contract extension praising his trustworthiness.

It's not the NCAA; this is an internal U of Michigan investigation headed by an outside law firm, WilmerHale. 
https://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/2022/01/law-firm-investigates-michigan-hockey-over-allegations-of-covid-deception-toxic-environment.html

WilmerHale has found UMi wrong and at fault in past investigations to the tune of $490 million. 
https://record.umich.edu/articles/u-m-reaches-490m-settlement-with-anderson-plaintiffs/ 

What's this Pearson investigation involve? 

The accusations summarized:

• Head coach Mel Pearson “instructing students to lie on their COVID-19 tracing forms” ... at the infamous Fargo 5OT regional. 
  • Pearson and Director of Hockey Operations Rick Bancroft discriminating against female staffers and “creating a toxic work environment for female support staff.”
  • Pearson retaliating against a student athlete for “raising concerns” about the hockey team’s culture.
  • Bancroft knowing about sexual misconduct committed by the late athletic doctor Robert Anderson.

If he did instruct his players (aka students) to lie about COVID that, to me, is a fireable offense. And speaking of fireable offenses, I wonder if there has been any discussion at the coaches' meetings about ducking a game? IMO going forward if a coach/team pulls a low class move like that at a minimum the game should go down as a loss/forfeit and count accordingly in the Pairwise.

Coming off the Spicer to Duluth and Denver receiving commitments from the top 2 portal forwards, but how do these teams have roster spots available late April / May? More of a question for Denver then Duluth. Two seems like a lot of space to have.

6 minutes ago, AJS said:

Coming off the Spicer to Duluth and Denver receiving commitments from the top 2 portal forwards, but how do these teams have roster spots available late April / May? More of a question for Denver then Duluth. Two seems like a lot of space to have.

Make spots for good playas

2 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

What'd they lose? 

At this point in the offseason that shouldn't matter. You would think you'd have your returners / incoming Freshman pretty much locked in. I can understand one (i.e. Duluth for Spicer), but making room for two seems crazy to me.