SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

18 minutes ago, SiouxScore said:

He might be unhappy about it but they all pretty well look like guys that Motzko likely had a conversation with and said you don't have a spot on the team next season. Opening up spots for their talented group of commits.

"he cut em"!!!!

4 hours ago, Goon said:

You'll water it down by adding St. Thomas and Augustana. 

I think both of the schools will be very successful in short order.  St. Thomas is already working on a site for development near campus.  They have money and they have fans in a hockey market.  Plus, you have a portal to help supplement.  St. Thomas once they get the arena on campus going are going to be good. 

People are under selling Augie...  They have people who know hockey in charge.  They have major backing in Sioux Falls which is a sport town, they have a good hockey fanbase and you have Midco right their willing to give in great production quality broadcasts and visibility.  I will say it again, St. Thomas and Augie will be great adds in short order.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, FSSD said:

I think both of the schools will be very successful in short order.  St. Thomas is already working on a site for development near campus.  They have money and they have fans in a hockey market.  Plus, you have a portal to help supplement.  St. Thomas once they get the arena on campus going are going to be good. 

People are under selling Augie...  They have people who know hockey in charge.  They have major backing in Sioux Falls which is a sport town, they have a good hockey fanbase and you have Midco right their willing to give in great production quality broadcasts and visibility.  I will say it again, St. Thomas and Augie will be great adds in short order.

3 sodak schools is one too many...if minot state added hockey could they "buy" their way in too.....heck bring back the dac10...lookin at you mayville state!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

3 sodak schools is one too many...if minot state added hockey could they "buy" their way in too.....heck bring back the dac10...lookin at you mayville state!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only 1 school in sodak with Hockey.  Sioux Falls fans will show up.

1 minute ago, cberkas said:

I wonder who else applied for the Augustana position 

Is Todd Knott looking to move on from Mankato? He has to be in demand. 

You had to know Augie was going to find someone who knows Minnesota and the hockey region. 

15 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Is Todd Knott looking to move on from Mankato? He has to be in demand. 

You had to know Augie was going to find someone who knows Minnesota and the hockey region. 

Yes, he is willing to go. Hastings has said on multiple occasions how he is lucky to have him there and it's just a matter of when he leaves. Hastings is definitely the #1 reason for msu's success, but Knott is the driver behind the recruiting.

I've gotten to the point of wondering whether he's being selective or whether administrators aren't seeing his value. Franklu it's a bit perplexing he hasn't gotten a head coaching opportunity yet.

16 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Yes, he is willing to go. Hastings has said on multiple occasions how he is lucky to have him there and it's just a matter of when he leaves. Hastings is definitely the #1 reason for msu's success, but Knott is the driver behind the recruiting.

I've gotten to the point of wondering whether he's being selective or whether administrators aren't seeing his value. Franklu it's a bit perplexing he hasn't gotten a head coaching opportunity yet.

It will have to be the right opportunity, he is very happy in Mankato and is pretty selective about which schools would interest him.

16 minutes ago, bale31 said:

Hastings is 56; Knott is 43. 

Brad Berry is 57; Karl Goehring is 43, and it's clear to me KG is the heir apparent. 

On 4/16/2022 at 4:58 PM, FSSD said:

This is why I think midco may leave und hockey or low bid then 

From Milewski's article:

• Defining the minimum number of players required to start a game. Leagues have different rules on this and the committee could standardize something that became more of an issue during the pandemic.

... and we shall call it ... "The Pearson Michigan Rule"

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1