SiouxSports.com Forum

cberkas

35 minutes ago, gfhockey said:

Why they low ball us then?

Interesting claim.

When it was known that UND would be putting out an RFP for media rights it was March 15, 2022 and noted that " ... UND will send out a Request for Proposals (RFP) in the coming weeks." 

Knowing UND's administrative velocity (somewhere between slow and turtle) the RFPs maybe got out April 1. And an RFP normally has a 30, 60, or 90 day window. 

You're claiming someone has responded already and you know details. Really. 

Seems I gotta get out to the truck stop for biscuits and gravy more often. 

6 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

Interesting claim.

When it was known that UND would be putting out an RFP for media rights it was March 15, 2022 and noted that " ... UND will send out a Request for Proposals (RFP) in the coming weeks."   Knowing UND's administrative velocity (somewhere between slow and turtle) the RFPs maybe got out April 1. And an RFP normally has a 30, 60, or 90 day window. You're claiming someone has responded already and you know details. Really. 

Seems I gotta get out to the truck stop for biscuits and gravy more often. 

Seems they're slinging more than hash out there.

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Looks like Cavanaugh at UConn used BC's interest in him to leverage a new deal with UConn. 

Speculation is BC will go after Greg Brown (former York assistant, currently USHL Dubuque) next. 

I like that he decided to stay at the program he has started to build. Instead of running to a more successful program. 

This is what I wish Mel would have done, but no he ran to Michigan. 

With all this speculation about Pearson, Berry should put in a feeler for the Fantilli brothers in case they want to avoid all the drama surrounding this Michigan debacle.

Do a swap, Montgomery and Budy for Luca & Adam.  ;)

That'd put us at 16F / 9D / 4G since Luca is a D, but I'm sure Berry could do some juggling and make it work.  :D 

The larger media story: UND is taking back control of marketing its media rights. 
https://www.inforum.com/sports/mcfeely-blog-und-will-sever-ties-with-learfield-handle-its-own-multimedia-rights-deals 

Paying Learfield, and REA, and whichever other entities, to do it is overhead charges for each. Consolidating and going to the model Nebraska went back to is worth a try to simplify, cut out a middle man, and save overhead charges. 

Poor Wisconsin, well I really don’t feel sorry for them. They are going to be garbage for a few more years even after Tony leaves. Eaves really wasn’t that bad now was he. 

Like with Maine, the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.

5 hours ago, cberkas said:

Poor Wisconsin, well I really don’t feel sorry for them. They are going to be garbage for a few more years even after Tony leaves. Eaves really wasn’t that bad now was he. 

Eaves ran the program into the ground; he had to go. But Tony isn't working out.

9 hours ago, cberkas said:

12-47-13 over last two seasons at a program like Wisconsin is really bad. Eaves ran the program into the ground.

13 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

U18 playing Canada right now.  Duluth Bulldog Isaac Howard just scored.

This has to be the best US 18 team since the Clayton Keller group.  Tons of really good hockey players coming into the college game next year. 

It's great to have it on ESPN+. More international games on that platform, por favor.

• Upvote 1