SiouxSports.com Forum

2022-23 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

33 minutes ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Bitch about it on the internet and feel sorry for ourselves because our lives have not turned out the way we expected and UND hockey is the only thing in the world we base our happiness on??????

You'd better not be psychiatrist for @gfhockey or you just committed an ethical violation by transcribing session notes here. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

What I want to see this year:

• Caulfield and Kunz to use their size and be more aggressive.
  • Lots of scorers. Gaber can't be the only offensive threat, and he's better when he's not pressing.
  • Blue-line missiles from Kleven. Don't care where they go.
  • Freshmen and new guys get up to speed quickly.
  • No no-look passes/passes to no one.
  • Four lines of relentless forecheck.
  • Number NINE.

So excited...let's GO!

:D

• Upvote 1

On 8/27/2022 at 9:34 PM, Kevin G said:
  • Blue-line missiles from Kleven. Don't care where they go.

Every spot on my body where I've ever taken a puck just started to ache sympathetically. 

"Uh coach, you can let someone else play the screen and bumper when Klev's at the umbrella point ... I'll set up for the one-timer over at one of the dots." 

• Upvote 2

On 8/26/2022 at 11:49 AM, stoneySIOUX said:

Was told today that we'll get captains next week. They haven't voted yet.

Oldest joke in the book ... 

Q: How do you keep a bunch of hockey bobos in suspense?
A: They'll tell us next week. 

• Like 1

On 8/26/2022 at 2:44 PM, burd said:

Is it an elite group?  If not, wtf we gonna do?

A lot are returning, have one more year experience and a lot of the new guys now have at least 1 year playing together. Last year went pretty well considering all the new faces and freshmen. I am optimistic about this season! Let's go SIOUX!

this may have been covered, and if so , i appoligize, but are people actually happy with the earlier start times for the games, or am i in the minority.  it really makes it a challenge if you work until 5;30-6:00 on a friday, and it kinda limits to what you can plan to do on a saturday.  (this is if you attend the game in person)

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, 1972 said:

this may have been covered, and if so , i appoligize, but are people actually happy with the earlier start times for the games, or am i in the minority.  it really makes it a challenge if you work until 5;30-6:00 on a friday, and it kinda limits to what you can plan to do on a saturday.  (this is if you attend the game in person)

Im all in on the 6pm start time on Saturday. 

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, 1972 said:

I hate the earlier start on Fridays. I live in Fargo and basically have to request to leave early if I want to go to a Friday game. The early time on Saturday doesn’t bother me though. 

1 hour ago, 1972 said:

Hate the earlier start times.  IMO it was done to increase food sales on saturday night.  More people will eat dinner at the game.  

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Big Green said:

Hate the earlier start times.  IMO it was done to increase food sales on saturday night.  More people will eat dinner at the game.  

and that absolutely kills the atmosphere for the start of the 2nd.  practically empty when they drop the puck.  why do we always try to do things to kill the atmosphere in the ralph?

6 hours ago, siouxforce19 said:

I hate the earlier start on Fridays. I live in Fargo and basically have to request to leave early if I want to go to a Friday game. The early time on Saturday doesn’t bother me though. 

I remember pushing on Roger Thomas for the 7:30 Friday / 7:00 Saturday configuration to make it easier for folks driving in on Friday night. They should leave Friday at 7:30 in my opinion. 

Not of fan of the 6:00 pm Saturday ... until I get home and it's not almost midnight. 

12 hours ago, 1972 said:

and that absolutely kills the atmosphere for the start of the 2nd.  practically empty when they drop the puck.  why do we always try to do things to kill the atmosphere in the ralph?

Good point.  One positive is that I could see it helping with student attendance.