SiouxSports.com Forum

Future of the MBB Program

UND Alum

On 2/16/2022 at 9:07 PM, UND1983 said:

Win and they will come.  That much is proven.  Dismiss all the other stupid reasons - just win baby.

Just win … you make it sound so simple. Everyone wants to win, so there must be loser. Basic law of competition. UND athletics, outside of hockey, is failing at the competition part …

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UND-FB-FAN said:

Just win … you make it sound so simple. Everyone wants to win, so there must be loser. Basic law of competition. UND athletics, outside of hockey, is failing at the competition part …

Cool man.  I was talking about attendance and how to increase it.

The biggest issue right now:

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/north-dakota

Just look at all of that gray that left.  Your Upperclassmen were basically: Panoam (JUCO transfer that didn't get a lot of minutes until midway last year), Igbanugo (walk-on but found himself in the rotation more when Sather got here), Sueker (D2 transfer: solid, but got hurt this year), Danielson (HS Recruit, who was a reserve for his 2.5 years before taking to the starting lineup out of necessity), and Nero (transfer from Weber State: solid, but got hurt this year).

This isn't a knock against these guys in no way shape or form, they went out and played their hardest and gave it their all.  I'd argue Sather has gotten the most out of Panoam, Igbanugo, and now Danielson. 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

UND will now have 2 of the 3 finalists for the head coaching job on staff for next season.
I think it is a solid hire with good connections. He spent last two years at Minot, so a bit of an upgrade for him. He had spent the prior 4 seasons at UW-GB.

• Upvote 1

I did little research on men's basketball Denver, Omaha, and South Dakota have updated rosters but all the rest have not and on the Women's side its even split with Denver, KC, Omaha, ORU, and South Dakota have updated rosters on their websites. I wish they all had updated rosters so we wouldn't have to look elsewhere if they have signed players or not for their team next year. It will be interesting to see how we compare as the year goes along on how long it takes us to post updated information.

12 hours ago, ND-fan said:

I did little research on men's basketball Denver, Omaha, and South Dakota have updated rosters but all the rest have not and on the Women's side its even split with Denver, KC, Omaha, ORU, and South Dakota have updated rosters on their websites. I wish they all had updated rosters so we wouldn't have to look elsewhere if they have signed players or not for their team next year. It will be interesting to see how we compare as the year goes along on how long it takes us to post updated information.

With the portal, what's the point? It changes almost by hour.

Wait for the official roster when the season kicks off is all any of us can do (other than have their own spread sheet to track the roster and the recruits pipeline). 

34 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

With the portal, what's the point? It changes almost by hour.

Wait for the official roster when the season kicks off is all any of us can do (other than have their own spread sheet to track the roster and the recruits pipeline). 

It is why this website is pretty good for tracking all the changes:

https://www.verbalcommits.com/schools/north-dakota

• Upvote 1