SiouxSports.com Forum

Future of the MBB Program

UND Alum

On 1/28/2022 at 2:33 PM, gfhockey said:

We can’t even come close to filling half the Betty. The Betty is in good condition e

We don’t need new

My kitchen is bigger then the Betty locker rooms! Very poor for student study areas, weight rooms, media rooms ect…

Betty was built as fast as they could for a asset in time for the World Juniors Hockey, it’s biggest asset was it was tied to the Ralph and Olympic Ice. 

You want better players, need to pay more money for better facilities, put money into your program and they will come. 

Just my opinion 

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, coachdags said:

My kitchen is bigger then the Betty locker rooms! Very poor for student study areas, weight rooms, media rooms ect…

Betty was built as fast as they could for a asset in time for the World Juniors Hockey, it’s biggest asset was it was tied to the Ralph and Olympic Ice. 

You want better players, need to pay more money for better facilities, put money into your program and they will come. 

Just my opinion 

There have been a few upgrade to the Betty since it was built.  Video screens is the biggest that comes to mind.  But that was only because they were hand me downs from the Ralph.  Would be nice for the basketball/volleyball locker rooms to get a makeover.  Especially since the hockey program has had 2 upgrades since it was built and the last one was 3 million dollars.

On 1/30/2022 at 9:59 AM, Siouxperfan7 said:

There have been a few upgrade to the Betty since it was built.  Video screens is the biggest that comes to mind.  But that was only because they were hand me downs from the Ralph.  Would be nice for the basketball/volleyball locker rooms to get a makeover.  Especially since the hockey program has had 2 upgrades since it was built and the last one was 3 million dollars.

Fan upgrades are one thing. Those are nice but we need players! Our facilities for players need to be drastically improved if you want better talent. 

Example would be UND Hockey, we have tradition coaching and history, but if we didn’t have the Ralph? The players amenities, locker rooms, lounge, media film room, study rooms, kitchen ect. … in conjunction with the arena, and fans help draw the best D1 players in the country to UND.  

3 hours ago, Siouxperfan7 said:

Video screens were brand new. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, gfhockey said:

The ball teams combined have same number of alumni with hockey

hocmey alumni paid for locker room

have chaves do some fundraising for ball

Did they fore sure?  All I ever saw was that it was "privately funded".  Which could mean money came from rea improvement fund, right?  Just odd no names were ever mentioned.  Never saw mention of anonymous donor.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Did they fore sure?  All I ever saw was that it was "privately funded".  Which could mean money came from rea improvement fund, right?  Just odd no names were never mentioned.  Never saw mention of anonymous donor.

Engelstad Foundation paid for the locker room renovation. It also paid for four million of the six million scoreboard.

4 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

You implied locker rooms have no relationship as to why we recruit D2 talent.  As if it's a choice.

With your logic UND should have one of the best D1 women's soccer teams in the Midwest.

33 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

With your logic UND should have one of the best D1 women's soccer teams in the Midwest.

Nice straw man.  Again, you said locker rooms have no relationship as to why we recruit D2 talent.  Never did I say that locker rooms are all that matter.  I asked a hypothetical statement about the renovated hockey locker room area, because it obviously DOES matter, and you stated the opposite.  Other factors are obviously at play when it comes to recruiting.  I shouldn't even acknowledge your soccer statement, but the women's soccer team doesn't even have a stadium and their locker rooms are across a huge parking lot in the basement of a hockey arena.. highly doubt that is one of the best D1 set ups in the Midwest.   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, nodak651 said:

Nice straw man.  Again, you said locker rooms have no relationship as to why we recruit D2 talent.  Never did I say that locker rooms are all that matter.  I asked a hypothetical statement about the renovated hockey locker room area, because it obviously DOES matter.  Other factors are obviously at play when it comes to recruiting.  I shouldn't even acknowledge your soccer statement, but the women's soccer team doesn't even have a stadium and their locker rooms are across a huge parking lot in the basement of a hockey arena.. highly doubt that is one of the best D1 set ups in the Midwest.   

Want better talent? Do your job and recruit better for starters. Have you seen any of the lockers rooms in that basement you speak of? 

BTW where's Weatherby to comment on women's soccer when you need him but I digress.

Just now, Oxbow6 said:

Want better talent? Do your job and recruit better for starters. BTW have you seen any of the lockers rooms in that basement you speak of? 

Agree with your first statement.  As to your second statement, yes, they are nice.  What's your point? 

27 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

one thing i have a problem is in three years he hasn't found a guy better than danielson?

Levias probably would have been that person to play his spot, but he got hurt and is redshirting

Sims was in that spot last year, but he bolted and now warms the bench in Northern Kentucky. 

He plays the 4 now because Sueker is out for the season. 

• Like 1