SiouxSports.com Forum

The Rest of the NCHC 2021-22

The Sicatoka

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/13/2021 at 1:11 PM, Kevin G said:

Someone once told me that "curling" ice and "hockey" ice are completely different. Don't know if he was pulling my leg or not. 

Curling was the only sport i played where the longer i played, the colder my beer got!

• Upvote 1

https://www.therinklive.com/nchc/und-fighting-hawks/7317246-The-Friday-rundown-Could-the-NCHC-eventually-fall-underneath-the-Summit-Leagues-umbrella

Doesn't mention the possibility of some sort of affiliate/sub-conference, which would be the best approach. The NCHC brand is too valuable to dissolve, especially for a no-name basketball conference.

3 hours ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

https://www.therinklive.com/nchc/und-fighting-hawks/7317246-The-Friday-rundown-Could-the-NCHC-eventually-fall-underneath-the-Summit-Leagues-umbrella

Doesn't mention the possibility of some sort of affiliate/sub-conference, which would be the best approach. The NCHC brand is too valuable to dissolve, especially for a no-name basketball conference.

Thought #1: Move the NCHC under the umbrella of the Summit League? I've no idea if that would be good or bad. But it seems like we all just went through major realignment, like, yesterday. I have no appetite for more major rejiggering at the moment. 

Thought #2: The NCHC can surely find its next commissioner within the ranks of siouxsports.com. Who knows more about college hockey that internet opinion makers? Right? Plus there may be a few of us who would be willing to be paid in beer. 

22 hours ago, Kevin G said:

Thought #2: The NCHC can surely find its next commissioner within the ranks of siouxsports.com. Who knows more about college hockey that internet opinion makers? Right? Plus there may be a few of us who would be willing to be paid in beer. 

Your terms are acceptable. Where is my office. 

15 minutes ago, crb1 said:

It will be interesting to see how this develops. At this time I would not be in favor of a summit hockey league or having the NCHC become the summit league. 

UND found out that at least for football the Summitt League is not a premier league at least for football.  NCHC does not need anything but the NCHC.  NCHC brand is fine and very strong as it is.

• Upvote 2