SiouxSports.com Forum

The Rest of the NCHC 2021-22

The Sicatoka

8 minutes ago, Kevin G said:

Watching SCSU-Omaha game, and the Huskies immediately score on the PP. I gotta know, why in the world is SCSU's PP always so dang good?

I think the large ice surface helps a little bit because typically you can’t be aggressive killing penalties on a large sheet.  That said, their power play the last few years was 21% and 18%.  In comparison, ours was 23% and 21% on a smaller ice sheet.

2 hours ago, tnt said:

I think the large ice surface helps a little bit because typically you can’t be aggressive killing penalties on a large sheet.  That said, their power play the last few years was 21% and 18%.  In comparison, ours was 23% and 21% on a smaller ice sheet.

Went over to the game with the missus. Omaha looked flat out of the gate and didn’t recover. Cloud looked like they were fired up from the drop and it was all over. Interested in what tomorrow brings, but the drive killed me. That Roden, the back up goalie, looked lights out for Omaha.

7 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Went over to the game with the missus. Omaha looked flat out of the gate and didn’t recover. Cloud looked like they were fired up from the drop and it was all over. Interested in what tomorrow brings, but the drive killed me. That Roden, the back up goalie, looked lights out for Omaha.

I think Gabinet does his team no favors by front loading 10 consecutive home games with 8 of those games coming against weak to average non-conference opponents. DU, Duluth, and UND come to mind as doing a nice job of mixing in some really tough competition and are willing to play some of these tough opponents on the road. Gabinet and Co., rack up some gaudy numbers in the beginning but does their non-conference schedule really prepare them well for the grind of the NCHC? We shall see. 

6 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

I think Gabinet does his team no favors by front loading 10 consecutive home games with 8 of those games coming against weak to average non-conference opponents. DU, Duluth, and UND come to mind as doing a nice job of mixing in some really tough competition and are willing to play some of these tough opponents on the road. Gabinet and Co., rack up some gaudy numbers in the beginning but does their non-conference schedule really prepare them well for the grind of the NCHC? We shall see. 

The home games aren’t up to him, the Olympic curling trials run in Omaha and they don’t have ice. Kind of puts them in a bad spot I think, what with all the road games between now and Christmas. On the flip side, my bet is it’s a small group willing to travel to Omaha noncon and they get who accepts.

50 minutes ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

The home games aren’t up to him, the Olympic curling trials run in Omaha and they don’t have ice. Kind of puts them in a bad spot I think, what with all the road games between now and Christmas. On the flip side, my bet is it’s a small group willing to travel to Omaha noncon and they get who accepts.

Current view of Baxter. My wife is from Omaha…

DFEA9C8D-BD6B-4BAF-A947-3B490B54E253.png

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

DU outshot WMU almost 2-to-1 in their 5-3 win tonight.
Impressive performance against a strong Western team.
DU's big line back firing again after putting up nothing the week before against UND.

Can't say enough about the job that 27-19-10 did against that line.  

• Upvote 2