SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day - UND at USD. 10/09/21

SiouxFan100

2 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

I know of a program that you do it right or they put in someone who will. And they don't do anything extraordinary, but what they do the coaches demand they do extraordinarily well (or the coaches put in someone who does it extraordinarily well). 

Or rather… the coaches have the gonadal fortitude (politically, non-offensive term) to put in someone snd give them the opportunity to do it extraordinarily well.

I love Otis but he was obviously benched for something a couple of games ago (right?). That showed gonadal fortitude….needs to be applied to offsides too…. I really wanted a solids season this year….hope it can turn around.

1 hour ago, Sioux>Bison said:

Everything would be forgotten if we finally figured it out on Saturday and pulled off a big win!……… Huge opportunity to turn this season around and keep the playoff hopes alive…… also could be another weekend of disaster but I have faith in this team to right the ship!

Its the first time in 3 years i give us 0% chance to win.  Last time i felt this way was vs Washington back in 2018.  i'd be surprised if we keep this game within 20.

Interior OL was supposed to have 3 new starters that had played a combined 6 games between them prior to the season, so they were going to be green regardless. But so far:
The projected starting C has been hurt since fall camp and was replaced the projected backup LG.
The projected starting LG was hurt early in the season, so the RT was moved in to try to fill in there.
The projected starting RG was moved out the RT.
The projected backup at RG had to step in and start.

Want to know where the problems with the offense are? There's your answer. The only thing resembling normal from the projected OL going into the season is at LT (who's played very well). If the projected starting C can come back, I think that would likely help with a good portion of the problems.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, jdub27 said:

Interior OL was supposed to have 3 new starters that had played a combined 6 games between them prior to the season, so they were going to be green regardless. But so far:
The projected starting C has been hurt since fall camp and was replaced the projected backup LG.
The projected starting LG was hurt early in the season, so the RT was moved in to try to fill in there.

Want to know where the problems with the offense are? There's your answer. The only thing resembling normal from the projected OL going into the season is at LT (who's played very well). If the projected starting C can come back, I think that would likely help with a good portion of the problems.

Ventrelli moved back to RT because he wasn’t doing as well at OG. Would be nice to get Lotysz back if he can ever stay healthy though. I’d rather have Babak at OG.

If bubba doesn’t make some adjustments to the lineup and if players don’t quit making these stupid penalties I don’t see the next game being even close

schuster has to start playing with some urgency, right he is no threat to any other team 

1 hour ago, TheFlop said:

Lol.....that's good stuff.  Even if they run the table 3 losses isn't a guarantee for playoffs.  And frankly UND hasn't shown any indication a running of the table is coming. 

3 losses in the MVFC is a lock for the playoffs, Unless something changes we are realistically looking at 6-5 and no playoffs. 

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I hope I am wrong but I have a terrible felling about this weekend at SIU.

It would be reasonable to think we may be headed into an abyss...

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

I hope I am wrong but I have a terrible felling about this weekend at SIU.

I was worried the Bison would stomp us and it didn't happen.   I'm leaning towards win/lose by less than 6.   The team does show signs of life at times.

7 hours ago, dmksioux said:

I tuned out after the game on Saturday and haven't read anything until today.  This team has too many unforgiveable mistakes taking place, and they all have to do with coaching.  To me, the biggest one on Saturday was coming out of halftime and having to take a timeout before running your first play.  I don't know how that happens.  It shouldn't, period.  Did any of the media ask Bubba about this?  Unfortunately this coaching staff have a habit of questionable calls, use of time outs, undisciplined penalties.  It is what it is and I don't expect it to change under the current leadership.  

The media will never call out Bubba for fear of losing access for the inside scoops. They have a symbiotic relationship. The question is - does anyone in the Athletic Department call him on this crap?  The only ones calling BS seem to be on this board.  

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Big Green said:

Its the first time in 3 years i give us 0% chance to win.  Last time i felt this way was vs Washington back in 2018.  i'd be surprised if we keep this game within 20.

0%????? We are not playing The FBS this week…….. SIU is beatable, not an easy task though 

5 hours ago, jdub27 said:

Wasn’t it three or four years ago when UND fans were saying we just needed to get a little depth on the lines.  Apparently we are in trouble every year if someone goes down.  In the trenches, expect injuries, and we need an expectation that we can throw someone in there that can hold their own.

11 minutes ago, tnt said:

Wasn’t it three or four years ago when UND fans were saying we just needed to get a little depth on the lines.  Apparently we are in trouble every year if someone goes down.  In the trenches, expect injuries, and we need an expectation that we can throw someone in there that can hold their own.

It's not like this is Bubba's first recruiting class - although things are always fluid he has had many years to correct our weaknesses.  I like some of the talent we have but we are not a complete team.

6 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

Need more speed everywhere.

This. UND doesn’t have people that when they get out in the open at the 30 they are gone. Even your speed back in Skokna would get run down by NDSU LB’s Cox and Kazor. That goes for the WR’s too, at least the ones that see the field.

7 hours ago, Mama Sue said:

I love Otis but he was obviously benched for something a couple of games ago (right?). That showed gonadal fortitude….needs to be applied to offsides too…. I really wanted a solids season this year….hope it can turn around.

That was actually the opposite of gonadal fortitude. Sitting him in a game that was a guaranteed 40 point win didn’t show anything. Sitting him in a MVFC game or an FBS game would have. Sitting him against Drake didn’t teach Otis anything.

• Upvote 1

I sometimes read a conference mate's fan message board for fan insight into opposing teams. I just read pages 19-22 of this thread, curious about whether there was any insight into anything the Coyotes did that contributed to the final outcome. Lots of frustration being expressed --- understandable in a losing effort.  USD isn't an awful football team. I don't follow the 'Yotes closely but it sounds like they are not consistent. Translation:  they can be a very dangerous opponent, particularly when they're sleeping in their own beds and walking to their own facility for a game. So it seems to me that UND's loss in Vermillion must be attributable in some degree to USD doing a fw things well.  Did they? Any comments on what an opponent must do to stop the Coyotes?

I was at the SIU v SDSU game.  Your coaches studying film of the SIU v SDSU game will be reminded the SIU coaches are gamblers so you have to be ready for some unexpected plays (maybe lots of them). The SIU quarterback-- wearing #9 -- is short (5-9), but he's either fearless or was dropped on his head too many time as a kid. Probably fearless. He is a tough little s.o.b. He has reasonably good speed and if a play is breaking down, he'll get loose for a 5 to 8 yard gain. When #15 is lined up next to the QB, anything can happen...the ball may be hiked to 15 in the SIU wildcat version, or he may be there to block, take a handoff, or throw a pass.  With 15 joining 9 in the backfield, you'll be tempted to wish you had 12 guys on the field.  At times it appeared SIU's offensive ends had taken holding to a new level and not a single holding penalty was assessed (well, may have been one).  I recognize every O-lineman has to know how and when to hold without getting caught.  SDSU had their share of self-inflicted problems and did things (or were accused of doing something) which invited the stripes to throw yellow laundry at inopportune times.  But in the end, SIU had something to do with outcome and a pretty good Jackrabbit team lost at home in overtime to a pretty good SIU team. 

For purely personal reasons, I'd like to see UND leave Carbondale on Saturday with a 'W" in the recordbook.    

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, nd1sufan said:

That was actually the opposite of gonadal fortitude. Sitting him in a game that was a guaranteed 40 point win didn’t show anything. Sitting him in a MVFC game or an FBS game would have. Sitting him against Drake didn’t teach Otis anything.

What if I told you what he did happened THAT week and it needed to be addressed THAT week. Crazy right

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, nd1sufan said:

An ndsu football fan criticizing how another team handles disciplining players. Now I’ve heard it all. Lol. 

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, Siouxphan27 said:

An ndsu football fan criticizing how another team handles disciplining players. Now I’ve heard it all. Lol. 

Siouxphan27 you made my day! But a few comments….

Did you assume JuiceU knows, understands, or has gonadal fortitude?? Maybe that is the issue…..

Yes, if it happened that week it needed to be addressed that week. Manipulating discipline to fit the opponent would not show gonadal fortitude and would scream a lack of integrity.

JuiceU should focus on getting porta potties and maybe drinking more water and not Juice…..and talk to that mama about discipline….WOW