SiouxSports.com Forum

Game Day - UND at USD. 10/09/21

SiouxFan100

4 hours ago, Dustin said:

Kelly Howe called it after the Drake game. There’s something off with the offense. At that point, they had a bye week to fix it. Now we’re at back to back losses because the offense can’t put together enough drives to rest the defense, who are playing well, but playing tired. 

i like in kelly's writeup about going for it on fourth down on your own 20...."why even do it when you know you aint gonna more than 1 or 2 first downs anyways and your gonna punt"......

3 hours ago, Big Green said:

Bubba has taken this program as far as he can.  It was not in good shape when he took over and he got it to be respectable.  We now need to invest is an exceptional coach and get this program to the next level.

remember when bubba took over and he took a shot at muss saying there aint much d1 talent here....if bubba gets fired tomorrow what would he replacement say at the talent level across the board???

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Big Green said:

Agree.  There is a reason he was going D2 before we offered him last minute.  

Seems his best quality is he doesn’t make mistakes.(that can’t be said this spring). 

I fear this coaching staff sticks with him til he graduates.  Vaughn was highly recruited, he seems like a better option.  Or hope feeney is ready to go next year.  Need a QB the can pick up some yards with his legs if no one is open.  Tommy can’t do that. 

brock boltman anyone????????? one the best athletes on the field when he's healthy

39 minutes ago, Irish said:

It's pretty clear that Bubba needs to go - the question is will it take UND 5 years or 6 to get it done.  Our tolerance for mediocrity in Football is seemingly endless (see Mussman).

I  agree with your sentiment, but how many years does Bubba have left on his contract?     I don't suppose we'd be lucky enough that this year or next year would be his last.   That's about the only way Bubba gets punted is to have his contract expire.

5 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

I  agree with your sentiment, but how many years does Bubba have left on his contract?     I don't suppose we'd be lucky enough that this year or next year would be his last.   That's about the only way Bubba gets punted is to have his contract expire.

He is signed through the 2023 season. 

6 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

remember when bubba took over and he took a shot at muss saying there aint much d1 talent here....if bubba gets fired tomorrow what would he replacement say at the talent level across the board???

I think there is much more talent on this roster than when this staff got here.  The replacement would probably be pretty happy with what he inherited.  

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Hawkster said:

245,000 a year through the 2023 season. 

IMO #5 could have a TD catch in first half and #12 should have had one in 2nd half.

Tommy is a solid FCS QB.....he made 2 really good throws that could've/should've wound up in points. No way QV gets those balls close to either WR on those plays.

• Upvote 2

Just now, F'n Hawks said:

Did you forget how bad it was at the end of Mussman’s tenure?

did you watch the game today

4 false starts

2 unsportsmans for quasi punches

1 timeout used during halftime

1 timeout to decide to run otis up the gut on 3rd and 2

wr's suck

qb sucks

o=line sucks

bad coaching

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

did you watch the game today

4 false starts

2 unsportsmans for quasi punches

1 timeout used during halftime

1 timeout to decide to run otis up the gut on 3rd and 2

wr's suck

qb sucks

o=line sucks

bad coaching

Mussman had good WR’s and QB’s for most of his time, other than that…

• Like 1

get the O-line in line, and things will get better. No more penalties. Protect the quarterback. Open the holes for our dynamic running backs. And for God’s sake, move the chains and keep the defense off the field. 

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, geaux_sioux said:

What’s going on with Tommy the last two games? Over throwing guys and holding the ball too long. He needs to get out of his own head and let er rip.

He needs the oline to give him plenty of time.  He is adequate. Usually won’t cost you the game. Won’t carry team on his back and win it either. 

23 minutes ago, iramurphy said:

He needs the oline to give him plenty of time.  He is adequate. Usually won’t cost you the game. Won’t carry team on his back and win it either. 

The hawks will never be more than they are right now(5-8 regular season fcs wins)without a dynamic qb.  D coordinators now know what to do vs Tommy.  Danny is out of ideas, even the scripted first dozen plays are not enough.

9 minutes ago, Cratter said:

Probably easier said than done.

When was the last dynamic qb at UND?

Has Bubba ever had one?

Not sure if Bubba has ever had one, he has never played one.   Tommy is not it.  I’d give Quincy or Feeney a shot.  
3 tds in each game the last 2 weeks and UND would be in the MVFC drivers seat. The offense is now painful to watch.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Midwestern Hawk said:

I’d give Quincy or Feeney a shot.  

I've seen this song and dance before with Bubba.

Fans: "This qb ain't getting the job done. Put in the backup."

Bubba puts in the backup.

Ok Bubba was right.

"Put the starter back in"! Lol