SiouxSports.com Forum

Utah State Sept. 10 8 pm

Mama Sue

Short week for both teams. Outside of an unforseen issue (ex: 2019 Idaho State), when you're chartering a flight, I would think travel would be a relatively non-issue. When you look at when USU played, UND coaches / players were already back and GF and could have watched the end of USU / WSU game live. Easier to play at home, no doubt, but I just hope I don't hear the back to back road games angle. 

1 hour ago, TBR said:

Who will fill in for Haas? To what extent does losing Haas impact the effectiveness of our defense?

Last year it looked like Navratil rotated in a lot for Haas, I'd guess he would get the start now.  Navratil looked good, I don't think there will be much of a drop off. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

Last year it looked like Navratil rotated in a lot for Haas, I'd guess he would get the start now.  Navratil looked good, I don't think there will be much of a drop off. 

just hope this isn't the slide that happened a few years back when our middle lb was 210 lbs and young.

I mentioned that when I stopped by to watch fall camp that MVJ seemed to stick out in one-on-one drills in terms of motor and athleticism.
6'5" is tough to replace in terms of length but I don't think the drop-off will be too bad. That's not a knock on Haas, I just think wehave some guys who are ready to step in.

1 hour ago, SIOUXFAN97 said:

just hope this isn't the slide that happened a few years back when our middle lb was 210 lbs and young.

It won't be anything like that, he played a lot last year and finished 7th on the team in tackles.  The first game of the season last year, he was in on the 2nd defensive series and I think Haas was 100% healthy.  Him getting as much playing time as he did last year with Haas being ahead of him, leads me to believe the coaches think he is pretty darn good. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Sioux94 said:

It won't be anything like that, he played a lot last year and finished 7th on the team in tackles.  The first game of the season last year, he was in on the 2nd defensive series and I think Haas was 100% healthy.  Him getting as much playing time as he did last year with Haas being ahead of him, leads me to believe the coaches think he is pretty darn good. 

haha meant what happens if navy goes down (still lots of games left)...and then another goes down.....hope we have the depth to put up with this stuff....i have faith in the couple guys to fill in but anything can and WILL happen

I am curious to see how UND approaches this game. If UND gets blown out, I don't think they have what it takes to make a deep FCS run. Mountain West teams are not juggernauts (as evidenced by South Dakota State's crushing of Colorado State), and UND needs to play toe to toe with Utah State. If UND plays them close but loses, I am okay with it, but the game absolutely needs to be close. If not, I worry about UND's mindset for big games. UND's mindset needs to improve from the spring; the blow out again NDSU in March was largely due to Bubba still not having his team prepared for big games when UND is the underdog. 

Let's Go Hawks! Be confident, play fast, get the win!

• Upvote 2

• UNDBIZ changed the title to Utah State Sept. 10 8 pm