SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

26 minutes ago, siouxweet said:

What exactly happened? 

Michigan and Western were set to play each other in the GLI, a day after Michigan played Tech.  Michigan with a few guys gone to the WJC so they canceled the game "for health and safety protocols within the wolverine program."  This was two days before the teams played, and Michigan still played Tech....Michigan would have been able to have a full lineup or close to it.  

7 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Doesn't change the fact that I would rather have Minnesota win over Denver or Michigan.  I hate Denver and do not want them winning #9 (and certainly not before we do).  Likewise, I do not want Michigan winning #10 (and certainly not before we do), and I really do not want them to win the title this year based on the crap they pulled with Western.

The Gophers...I just don't really have that much hate left for them.  Do I want them to win?  No.  Give me Mankato please.  But, they are the clear (at least in my mind) second-best option of the teams in the Frozen Four this year.  

To each their own.  

1 hour ago, scpa0305 said:

That was f’n stupid. Had Bubs done that this forum would have melted 

And rightly so.

100% a fireable coaching move.

Love Bubs, but if had pulled that !@#$ I would have led the lawn tractor parade of snowshovels and potato forks to run him out of town. Just stupid.

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

That might be one of the worst coaching decisions I've ever seen. 

:unsure:

Tops Bubba on 4th down for sure.

9 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I'm still in awe over that coaching move....not a doubt in my mind that the Q ties that one keeping the game 5x5.  

That was the breath of air Michigan needed.  A freebie to let them off the hook. 

The thing is no matter what when a net is empty the skaters on the ice have to take a little something off of the aggressive play to respect the empty net and play a bit more conservative and carefull. 

Exactly what happened.

Next people have to understand the volume of ice being occupied by a 6x5  there isnt more room to work with and defenders can be agressive in closing spaces and gaps. 

Just statistically, analytically, and by timing, sense of the game...  in every way an absolutely terrible coaching move.

Everyone of those players should let him know that he took their game away from them, and run him out like in varsity blues.

Let them give it their all and play it out, but when he did that he stunned his players. 

And it cost them a chance....

2 hours ago, fightingsioux4life said:

Man, this Frozen Four is shaping up to be a total nightmare unless Minnesota State wins it.

100%. The last 3 teams I want to see winning a title each season are:

Minnesota (because it’s Minnesota)

Michigan (9)

Denver (8)

Also, UND really dropped the ball on making the 2022 frozen four a battle between old 1950s WCHA foes and NCAA heavyweights.  What a shame. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Before they played the first time in Fargo I believe and then Hennessy didn't even ask him for an interview before the championship game in 2016

Pecknold seems kinda whiny and from what I’ve heard about tonight’s game (I couldn’t watch it), he seems like he could use a few lessons on in-game coaching strategy as well. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MafiaMan said:

709F43CC-F43A-40A7-8C4F-EA2A5DAA7C89.jpeg

IF Minnesota beats Minnesota State, then yes, I will cheer for them in the title game.  I will not cheer for DU to win their 9th title before we get ours, and I will not cheer for Michigan to win their 10th title before we get there.  It is really that simple.

The rivalry with Minnesota just doesn't mean much to me anymore.  But hey, root against the Gophers all you want.  I'll gladly join you next Thursday.  I think we all can at least agree on that.