SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

1 hour ago, petey23 said:

True. But when Minnesota score their second goal they took their foot off the gas and it cost them. They did flip the switch again after Minnesota tied it and had the Gophers absolutly gassed as end of regulation but the Gophs managed to get to the locker room.

Minnesota State today kept sending in two on the forecheck with a 1-0 lead for most of the game. I like that style. Be disciplined but keep trying to score.

I noticed that as well.  It seems UND started to try play shutdown late in the second and it backfired several times.

51 minutes ago, JohnboyND7 said:

Not sure I've ever been mad at a hockey game. Though I'd appreciate if you labeled me as an Irish fan. Spend a lot more time watching them play than NDSU.

How’s Brian Kelly’s Cajun accent coming along these days?  

• Upvote 4

"You create breaks, and sometimes you get them and sometimes you don't. That's this tournament," UMD coach Scott Sandelin said. "Sometimes you get some luck and sometimes you don't."

I would say it's been a long time since UMD didn't get "the luck" in this tournament.  Maybe they've used up all their magic luck beans and it'll start falling the other direction for a few years now.  ;)

41 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

How’s Brian Kelly’s Cajun accent coming along these days?  

That video of him at the LSU basketball game was brutal lmaoooo. 

Homeboy got paid though at least. At least the new guy drips charisma. Not something a Michigan Man would understand ;)

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Blackheart said:

If you play good D and take of the puck you can be in any game no matter who you are playing?

That defense is dominating the game?
That it's time to reopen the game to offense to let that skill shine? 
That coaches are better at teaching sweep checks and gap control than offensive skills? 

One more ...
That goalie pads of today compared to 30 years ago are king sized pillows compared to mini-marshmallows. 
http://sportsthenandnow.com/2013/10/23/goalie-pads-then-and-now-a-look-at-the-new-pad-restrictions/
http://blog.hockeyworld.com/the-evolution-of-goalie-gear/ 

18 minutes ago, MafiaMan said:

I remember Minnesota rolling Ferris State a day later.

I remember the idiot who asked if he could sit at our table because the place was full...then started cheering when Ferris scored.

17 hours ago, Blackheart said:

So tomorrow all UND fans will root in unison for Western to take down the rodents?  I'm fine with Minny beating UMASS (for my bracket) but that's as far as my support goes.

Nah I don't root for anyone once UND is out I just hope for good exciting games. I'm not real fond of Western Michigan either. I picked Minnesota to win the title over Duluth in my bracket but Mankato is the one that I'd like to see breakthrough. 1st period in the MIN/WMU has gone about how I expected so far. Lot of zone time for Minnesota as outside of Attard I thought WMU's D could have trouble moving the puck and they have.