SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

11 minutes ago, Blackheart said:
17 minutes ago, jk said:

If MN wins this year, it may be the first of a back to back.  Still ok with it? 

I just realized I despise every team in this years frozen 4.  Mich, Minn and Minny st I just hate that's a given and I hate Denver because every game they have like 30 conferences with the Denver coach and the refs to why i have no idea.  I fricken hate that about Denver.

That will have to go down as one of the bigger head scratchers. Not sure what Pecknold was thinking pulling his goalie at that time. He killed his teams momentum. Will be interested to hear his reasoning at the press conference. He will certainly be asked about it. 

4 minutes ago, Fighting Sioux 23 said:

Yep.  Whoever wins this year, it may be the first of a back to back.  That's sort of how back to back titles work.   You have to win one, and then win it again the following year.  

I get that.  Perhaps lost in my post was the idea that they are the odds on favorite for next year.  Loaded roster and an ultra high end recruiting class. 

4 minutes ago, crb1 said:

That will have to go down as one of the bigger head scratchers. Not sure what Pecknold was thinking pulling his goalie at that time. He killed his teams momentum. Will be interested to hear his reasoning at the press conference. He will certainly be asked about it. 

Pecknold Is a genius just ask him.

1 minute ago, jk said:

I get that.  Perhaps lost in my post was the idea that they are the odds on favorite for next year.  Loaded roster and an ultra high end recruiting class. 

Doesn't change the fact that I would rather have Minnesota win over Denver or Michigan.  I hate Denver and do not want them winning #9 (and certainly not before we do).  Likewise, I do not want Michigan winning #10 (and certainly not before we do), and I really do not want them to win the title this year based on the crap they pulled with Western.

The Gophers...I just don't really have that much hate left for them.  Do I want them to win?  No.  Give me Mankato please.  But, they are the clear (at least in my mind) second-best option of the teams in the Frozen Four this year.