SiouxSports.com Forum

Non-UND College Hockey 2021-22

cberkas

7 hours ago, Blackheart said:

ESPN coverage of college hockey playoffs officially SUCKS.  I wish CBSSports or some other outlet that actually cares about hockey would carry these games.  ESPNU?  Give me a break.

It’s obvious they don’t care when they use the same graphics package on their broadcast for the last 10 years and they can’t even display SOG.  AND….they keep putting Motteau in the studio.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

It’s obvious they don’t care when they use the same graphics package on their broadcast for the last 10 years and they can’t even display SOG.  AND….they keep putting Motteau in the studio.

...and Bucci/Barry in the booth.:glare:

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, cberkas said:

It's just a matter of time until they move the whole tournament to ESPN+ like the NHL is

I personally LOVE that the NHL is on ESPN+. As an out of state fan of the Rangers, I've watched more games of theirs this season than I have in 15 years. 

More portal entrants this morning:
CC soph F Jackson Jutting (3-7-10)
Minn Duluth jr F Ben Almquist (2-3-5)
Mercyhurst soph F Austin Heidemann (12-15-27)
RPI leading scorer sr F Ture Linden (20-19-39)
RPI jr F Zach Dubinsky (10-10-20)
Clarkson soph G Jacob Mucitelli (8-0-1, .944)

5 hours ago, SiouxScore said:

Wasn't sure where to put this. Guessing a conference streaming deal with ESPN+ as well as some games on ESPNU or something question is which conference. When is the NCHC's deal with CBSSN up?

Hockey East is moving to ESPN+ from CBS SportsLive. Guess it’s been know for awhile.

Hockey East also the only conference to retweet it. 

If the NCHC would get more money with ESPN then sure go for it, but at least get more games on tv along with them being on ESPN+ if the NCHC does move after their CBS deal is up. 

• Upvote 1

Every game on ESPN+ only 3 games on ESPNU per season for 6 years, so BU and BC. They did make an emphasis on women’s hockey for some reason. 

If the NCHC goes to ESPN+ they better get a better deal then that. 

Right now ECAC and Hockey East are on ESPN+ 

I don’t see the Hockey East deal as that great. Much like nchc with partner CBSSN for some games, the only plus is the quality of the ESPN service vs the NCHC provider. 

CHN article said most, if not all, games would be on ESPN+. That doesn’t sound too special. Sounds equivalent to NCHC.tv plus CBSSN to me. Most, if not all, UND games are viewable too. 

1 hour ago, Langster019 said:

Also would be curious to tune in and see quality per school. If each feed is from their own productions, that’s literally no different. 

If ESPN produces them, then they have an upper hand, just don’t see it. 

Doesn’t sound like a moneymaker if ESPN has to produce every game vs picking up the local feed.