SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

Another destination game in the works for the 22/23 season!  Back to Vegas against ASU.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/7088618-UND-hockey-close-to-setting-a-return-to-Vegas

UND has verbally agreed to play Arizona State in the 2022 U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame Game in Las Vegas, according to multiple sources. The contract is not yet complete according to Arizona State's record office, but it could be done by the end of next month. The Hall of Fame Games have traditionally occurred in late October or early November before the start of the conference schedule.

It will mark UND's second game in Vegas in four years. The Fighting Hawks played rival Minnesota in Las Vegas in 2018, beating the Gophers 3-1. That game was played at the smaller Orleans Arena in front of an announced sellout crowd of 7,412.

This time, UND will be doing it big, playing in the 17,500-seat T-Mobile Arena, home of the NHL's Vegas Golden Knights. T-Mobile Arena is located adjacent to the Strip, behind New York-New York.

4 hours ago, Wilbur said:

If that hack Hakstol (see what I did there) takes Dane and Karl.......:huh:

If any coach was to get plucked I would bet Dane.  Which would leave room for a Lamoureux to move up from the USHL, or an Ulmer to become a full time assistant.

If I was a Caps fan I'd also be a bit on edge.....

People have already noted what a natural destination Seattle would be for Oshie.

17 hours ago, burd said:

People have already noted what a natural destination Seattle would be for Oshie.

Wonder if the Caps will expose him in Kraken draft 2021.  Probably depends on Ovi.  

I'd prefer the Kraken take T.J. and just pass on Dane or Karl if we expose them.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Could UND be short not one, not two, but three defensemen during WJC 2022? 

Sanderson and Kleven are gimmes.

But if Johnson has a fast start after his recovery, could it be three? 

I think they'd only miss the exhibition against the U18 team, so wouldn't be the worst thing. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
23 hours ago, stoneySIOUX said:

Good news for UND. I feel like these two aren't long for the Green and White, however. Sounds like Hak came after Jax, apparently.

https://www.grandforksherald.com/sports/hockey/7103832-UND-hockey-coaching-staff-expected-to-remain-in-tact-for-2021-22-season

Once the Coachella Valley Arena is finished and the AHL team is in Palm Springs next year, I'd expect Jackson and/or Goehring to end up there.

I'm very surprised that's where Seattle is putting their AHL team.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Jerseys!
We got your jersey numbers here! 

Jersey Last First
1 Johnson Kaleb
2 Ferner Brady
4 Moore Cooper
6 Johnson Brent
7 Jandric Chris
8 Schmaltz Jake
9 Budy Brendan
10 Hain Gavin
11 Ness Griffin
13 Albrecht Carson
14 Weatherby Jasper
15 Frisch Ethan
16 Calder Ashton
17 Gaber Riese
18 Constantini Matteo
19 Senden Mark
20 Portz Nick
21 Ford Connor
24 Bast Luke
25 Kleven Tyler
26 Sanderson Jake
27 Jamernik Louis
28 Caulfield Judd
29 Kunz Jackson
32 Hellsten Jakob
33 Driscoll Zach
35 Feeney Harrison

Alright....another Central goalie wearing #1.  I think Johnson will rep #6 well, big shoes.  16, 18, 29 will take some time to sink in (sigh...Gooooch) A Schmaltz wearing 8 helps, a Bast not wearing #2 won't help.  Over under on roster checks into November December is at 20.  

Wonder out loud if UND ever will expand into the 40s or beyond with numbers.  

9 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Alright....another Central goalie wearing #1.  I think Johnson will rep #6 well, big shoes.  16, 18, 29 will take some time to sink in (sigh...Gooooch) A Schmaltz wearing 8 helps, a Bast not wearing #2 won't help.  Over under on roster checks into November December is at 20.  

Wonder out loud if UND ever will expand into the 40s or beyond with numbers.  

I really hope not

On 7/9/2021 at 8:34 AM, InHeavenThereIsNoBeer said:

I really hope not

This was discussed during a sit down and cheer podcast back during the time Cam Johnson was here. They mentioned that UND won't start with the non-traditional numbers like some programs do. I wouldn't count on it happening. Not at least in our lifetimes. 

2 hours ago, Goon said:

This was discussed during a sit down and cheer podcast back during the time Cam Johnson was here. They mentioned that UND won't start with the non-traditional numbers like some programs do. I wouldn't count on it happening. Not at least in our lifetimes. 

Well at least there are some traditions that won't change...#wokemf'ers

• Upvote 1

On 7/9/2021 at 5:51 PM, Wilbur said:

I'm in the same boat.  Is 35 the absolute highest number they give out? 

*Edit*

Did the research and it appears to be 35. 

Greater than 35 worn twice.
Robert Grina wore 37 from 1946-49, and Robert Phillips wore 63 from 1948-50.

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, Sweethockey said:

The "Old Timers" will have to dump your flip phones..........all electronic tickets this year.....Apple wallets

My local USHL team did this last year. First thought was I hated it. First game came and used it all season, it’s awesome. 

However, I do like a good ticket stub. Just like for Nashville I’ll be bummed I won’t have a hard copy, official game ticket stub. 

On 7/19/2021 at 2:36 PM, andtheHomeoftheSIOUX!! said:

https://fightinghawks.com/news/2021/7/19/mens-hockey-und-finalizes-schedule-sets-home-times-for-upcoming-season.aspx

I absolutely love the new game times.  Having to drive several hours home after a Saturday night game will be vastly improved with the game starting an hour earlier.

Idk, man. Normally, I'd say you're right, but you must've missed the new rule of unlimited, never-ending OTs in sequence until period 12 when, because no clear winner has emerged, a two-man sack race will be held on consecutive Sundays until a winner is crowned ;)