SiouxSports.com Forum

2021-22 University of North Dakota Hockey Season

Frozen4sioux

1 hour ago, burd said:

3 of top 9 played at UMich last year?

30 minutes ago, skateshattrick said:

Yes,  and a 4th is a committed recruit (Hughes)

Pretty impressive stuff. We'll see if it translates the BU route our if they can put it together. Minny vs. Mich should be fun to watch this year.

On 7/20/2021 at 4:18 PM, stoneySIOUX said:

Pretty impressive stuff. We'll see if it translates the BU route our if they can put it together. Minny vs. Mich should be fun to watch this year.

Agreed....both teams will be very good.

On 5/24/2021 at 3:59 PM, The Sicatoka said:

Since 2015-16, UND has gone with a C plus four or more A's three times (twice under Ausmus, and under Kawaguchi). 

This past season it was Kawaguchi with JBD, Kierstad, Senden, Weatherby. <- The obvious captain, the undergrad surely gone, the senior, and the heirs apparent. Two D, three forwards.

I could see a similar pattern this season: Senden with Weatherby, Hain, Sanderson, Frisch. (Sanderson is almost surely gone and Frisch is the transition heir 2021-22).

The only thing that we're not accounting for is there is some serious leadership coming in from the transfer portal. Ford wore the C at BGSU; Calder wore an A at LSSU. 

Just gonna leave this here. 

Where do I pick up my "Blind Squirrel" award? :D 

• Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Oxbow6 said:

Did someone not tell the NHL and the Preds there's a college hockey game in Bridgestone on 10/30?? Recently released schedule shows NYI vs Preds same day.

The matinee to the big show.  Not sure if the Preds are a sellout per night type team, but I imagine a lot of green and white yelling for Brock and Rocco. 

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

The matinee to the big show.  Not sure if the Preds are a sellout per night type team, but I imagine a lot of green and white yelling for Brock and Rocco. 

They definitely used to sell out all the time. Had a streak of over 100 back in 2018. Not sure what that looked like since with the pandemic and all of that.

Glad that Blake went later.  No pressure on him to bolt unless the kid goes crazy his first few years in Grand Forks.

College hockey not as wide open as when his dad played so I don't see him going quite like his dad year one, but should be an All Rookie team guy. 

10 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

Anyone have insight into home games this coming season starting at 707 pm Fridays and 607 pm Saturdays? 

Help the bars of grand forks so gsmes get early and fans have more time after the games

alao forces fans to get to the bars earlier too