SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC postseason.....UND vs. SCSU....The Ship

Wilbur

31 minutes ago, BarnWinterSportsEngelstad said:

St Cloud also came to GF to play, tip my hat to them too.

So a potential rematch in a couple weeks?  They’ll come to play there too.  Should be a 7 or 8 in Fargo but I wouldn’t count on it this year.  I think SCSU will be a 5 or 6.  

8 minutes ago, sioux rube said:

Tell you what. First of all what a third period. So damn much talent on this team. Second of all no way there were only 3000 fans there. Had to be closer to 5000. And we were loud 

The SCSU push after UND went up two goals was impressive.  And if Jammer doesn't get away with a blatant holding the stick penalty its likely a tie game.

That third period was about as fun of a period to watch as there has been all year.  Pace, playmaking, physicality, guys throwing their bodies in front of shots.  Both teams shortened the benches too, so a lot of that period was adrenaline. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, petey23 said:

So would Western Michigan

That would set up nicely for another Frozen Four like 2005 with all members from one conference (WCHA in this case) earning a spot.  The NCAA would go crazy if that happened again.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jk said:

I think Fargo is going to be:
1. UND

3. UMD

4. BSU

Just because of travel, they'll find a way to put either Mankato or SC as #2.

Edit:  If they're OK with a long bus ride, they could put WI as the 2 in Fargo.

I think they will put 1 eastern team in Fargo most likely a 4 seed.  Imo St Cloud will be in Loveland with the Goofs.  May see Michigan in our regional as a 2 seed possibly.

48 minutes ago, Vegas_Sioux said:

Yes, used his height to hide in the slot area well the over corrected on Toews and Oshie. 

It was, but probably the biggest shot of his college career was from the other side after an Oshie drop. 

9 hours ago, Kab said:

How do they play so lackadaisical and the flip a switch and good things happen 

That scares me that they have fallen into the trap of believing they can do that all the time.

I have no problem with "turning it on" ... but how about against Miami style and bury the opponent five minutes in. Doing that makes everything better -- roll lines, rest the top six. 

• Upvote 3