SiouxSports.com Forum

NCHC Postseason Semi-UND vs. Denver part 7.

Wilbur

Just now, Blackheart said:

You just know if there's any way he can get out on the ice he will be there.  Tape that shoulder back in place, I'm good to go Coach!

No doubt. Kid is all frickin' heart. Definition of what we look for in our players. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, brianvf said:

So does that end DUs season or does the committee throw a curveball?

I’m assuming it is down to either DU or UNO for one of the last spots. 

Denver is 4 games below .500 why are they even being considered for the tourney.  Their body of work cannot only consist of their last few games.  If I'm on committee Denver stays home.

8 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Denver is 4 games below .500 why are they even being considered for the tourney.  Their body of work cannot only consist of their last few games.  If I'm on committee Denver stays home.

If I’m on the committee any team below a .600 win percentage is staying home.

I’m so mean. 

2 hours ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I don't understand why people think Denver should be in the tournament. Shouldn't you have to win games to make it? Their record is their record. We wouldn't even be having this conversation if not for the waiving of the Wisconsin rule.

To be honest, I don't think that UNO, DU, PSU or Notre Dame deserve to be in the tourney. 

• Upvote 1

Love seeing Thome's reaction.  Skates immediately out to meet Scheel.
Also...you can't see it well, but that puck has some serious velocity out of the net...makes it all the way out to center ice before the players even get across the ice to celebrate.  Wowzers.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, brianvf said:

Also...you can't see it well, but that puck has some serious velocity out of the net...makes it all the way out to center ice before the players even get across the ice to celebrate.  Wowzers.

The shot was ripped. Was one of those where live you couldn't follow the puck it was hit so hard, just saw the net move and pandemonium ensued.

8 hours ago, Godsmack said:

What did he say? 

Berry talked about having to shuffle lines in the 2nd period after "we lost Senden" or words to that effect. He emphasized that it wasn't just any player. 

Avoided being negative about that period, and thought they had good chances in the 1st. 

Obviously liked the outcome but is expecting a better game tonight.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, brianvf said:

How good of a teammate is Thome?  I've said it before, but it takes me back to the days of Tobey K, and Blaiser saying that the team would not have won the national championship without Tobey being a positive influence on the group.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SiouxFanatic said:

You're very much welcome! I will fire up another stream tomorrow.

I have access to all the games but SiouxFanatic, you are the real MVP. Thanks for hooking up all of our fans with a chance to watch the best team in college hockey.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, brianvf said:

Thome is a fantastic teammate and wonderful person. I am glad he is on our team.

• Upvote 1

Thoughts:

- Show up like that against anyone again and you'll be scheduling tee times at Ray and King's. 

- Looked like 19 had a shoulder issue. Griffin Ness needs to become an immediate graduate of the Senden School of playing hockey. We'll need that. 

- 4 in the defensive zone needs more work. Give him the puck and one stride of open space he's fine. 

- Radio said Budy was a healthy scratch. I'm thinking they held him out because DU gets in his head because his Miami game was fine. 

- 15 and 26 were on for Hain's winner. That same pair was on against Omaha in OT. Good recovery. 

- Who was on with Hain? 15, 26, 14, and 28. What I see there is the next generation taking ownership and responsibility.