SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchc championship pod

BusinessSiouxt

Per Gabinet regarding the REA pod...

“It’s been the same thing all season long,” Gabinet said. “We’re going to play wherever we’re playing and we’re looking forward to it. They have a first-class facility up there and my expectations are they’re going to do a great job hosting the playoffs and it will be a great experience for everyone involved.”

doesn’t sound like he’s been made out to be. I was trolling through the other teams as well, lots of excitement about that weekend. Should be great hockey as single elimination, every game do or die and Pionk won’t be there! Wolfe either! My two most unfavorites... ok, throw in Scott ‘hit em from behind’ Perunovich.

Tickets flyin' off the shelf (well, relatively speaking) as season ticket holders/Champions Club has first crack at it. 

Sections 110, 111 are blocked off as are 301 and 315 (as they have been for regular season games)

Fargo Regionals are a staple for me when UND hosts and since this year looks doubtful (for fans, anyway), this refurbished Frozen Faceoff is going to be a March highlight - I'm hoping to get to all the games. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AlphaMikeFoxtrot said:

Which raises the question, in a Duluth vs. Denver match (in an arena where you don't want an asteroid to hit) who do you root for?

Rooting for Denver’s season to end.  Unless Duluth slips next couple weeks they make NCAA tournament win or lose 

8 hours ago, ND1 said:

So the city of GF gives the Ralph 100K to subsidize the cost the of NCHC tourney ??

Here is a thought ... allow more then 3k fans and maybe you wouldn’t need the damn money.  Fargo dome is doing 50% capacity or 9k fans next weekend so it can be done. On the radio this morning, Bochenski sounded pissed off that the Ralph was only allowing 3k and asking the city for financial help 

Totally agree. I was thinking to myself, if they let more people in they wouldn’t need to subsidize this. They are trying to draw more people to Grand Forks with this tournament. Good luck getting tickets. It’s really a shame. 

On 2/16/2021 at 1:55 PM, jdub27 said:

The mental gymnastics required to think the people in charge of the facilities (who by the way have giant holes in their budget) are trying to make things as difficult for fans as possible is truly amazing.

On 2/16/2021 at 11:02 PM, ND1 said:

So the city of GF gives the Ralph 100K to subsidize the cost the of NCHC tourney ??

Here is a thought ... allow more then 3k fans and maybe you wouldn’t need the damn money.  Fargo dome is doing 50% capacity or 9k fans next weekend so it can be done. On the radio this morning, Bochenski sounded pissed off that the Ralph was only allowing 3k and asking the city for financial help 

I guess we just need to be thankful those doing the summersaults and cartwheels were able to agree to get 3000 of us into the building.

4 minutes ago, Oxbow6 said:

I guess we just need to be thankful those doing the summersaults and cartwheels were able to agree to get 3000 of us into the building.

If there is a science to it, explain the differences between what the Fargodome decides and the Ralph.  I think we'd be surprised. 

44 minutes ago, Riverhawk said:

If there is a science to it, explain the differences between what the Fargodome decides and the Ralph.  I think we'd be surprised. 

The science behind it has correlation as to which university president wears one mask vs two.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

I heard the REA was asking for no fans just to really make people upset since that's obviously their goal.

1 hour ago, UNDColorado said:

It definitely has nothing to do with your tyrannical governor. 

1 hour ago, Oxbow6 said:

The science behind it has correlation as to which university president wears one mask vs two.

Cut the politics.  And yes, masking has become politics.

- Moderators

• Upvote 2