SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchc championship pod

BusinessSiouxt

On 2/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, Blackheart said:

UND’s band had been playing at the recent home games.  Was it determined that they would give us too much of an advantage if they played Stand Up and Cheer during the playoff pod?  Wtf?

Is “Let’s go Sioux” banned too?

On 2/17/2021 at 7:27 AM, crb1 said:

Totally agree. I was thinking to myself, if they let more people in they wouldn’t need to subsidize this. They are trying to draw more people to Grand Forks with this tournament. Good luck getting tickets. It’s really a shame. 

I agree that the Ralph could follow the Fargo Dome's lead and have 50% capacity attendance.  It is a silly set up having to subsidize the Ralph when both parties are leaving money on the table.  I'm a huge purveyor of covid safety but I think at 50% capacity and everyone wears masks I think it could be done safely. That's also 3,000 more people spending money in Grand Forks.  Unless the 3,000 attendance cap is a UND policy.

4 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I agree that the Ralph could follow the Fargo Dome's lead and have 50% capacity attendance.  It is a silly set up having to subsidize the Ralph when both parties are leaving money on the table.  I'm a huge purveyor of covid safety but I think at 50% capacity and everyone wears masks I think it could be done safely. That's also 3,000 more people spending money in Grand Forks.  Unless the 3,000 attendance cap is a UND policy.

I thought I had seen somewhere that 3000 was the max they could allow due to the seats needing to be socially distanced. 

2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I thought I had seen somewhere that 3000 was the max they could allow due to the seats needing to be socially distanced. 

Yes I suppose on paper but in actuality everyone is still clustered in groups not socially distancing.  I can see why Bochenski is frustrated.  Bochenski has had to deal with trying to juggle people's safety with economic impact for over a year now and I think has done a good job but I can see how he would be frustrated when the Fargo Dome is allowing 50% capacity.

• Upvote 2

Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

Yes I suppose on paper but in actuality everyone is still clustered in groups not socially distancing.  I can see why Bochenski is frustrated.  Bochenski has had to deal with trying to juggle people's safety with economic impact for over a year now and I think has done a good job but I can see how he would be frustrated when the Fargo Dome is allowing 50% capacity.

3,000 fewer people at the games is a big economic impact loss for the City.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

It would be nice if someone would come out and explain the rational for still only allowing 3000 people. Then people wouldn’t have to speculate and get frustrated. Especially since they are using taxpayer money to subsidize this. I have a feeling they want to keep it at 25% capacity  because of the other teams and their fans. Having people come from all over is probably problematic at this point. 

17 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have to wonder if people are too concerned about covid to attend. The biggest crowd for the home games has been about 2,500.

I know they said 3000 is max, but something is off.  It's not like there were lots of seats left to buy on Saturday night, a few rows in a couple upper bowl sections.  And announced attendance was about 2500?

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, hky said:

I know they said 3000 is max, but something is off.  It's not like there were lots of seats left to buy on Saturday night, a few rows in a couple upper bowl sections.  And announced attendance was about 2500?

On Saturday there were zero tickets left on Ticketmaster. I saw someone on Facebook say they called the Ralph and they were guessing corporates aren’t using their tickets. 

20 hours ago, hky said:

i tried to buy tickets on sat afternoon, and tickemaster said no tix available...may be available at the box ofice.   how does that equal announced attendance of 2500?  something is wrong

• Upvote 1