Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Nchc championship pod


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just throwing this out there ahead of time since I normally don't, I will live stream any UND games that are on CBSSN. 

So the city of GF gives the Ralph 100K to subsidize the cost the of NCHC tourney ?? Here is a thought ... allow more then 3k fans and maybe you wouldn’t need the damn money.  Fargo dome is doing

Posted Images

On 2/18/2021 at 1:03 PM, Blackheart said:

UND’s band had been playing at the recent home games.  Was it determined that they would give us too much of an advantage if they played Stand Up and Cheer during the playoff pod?  Wtf?

Is “Let’s go Sioux” banned too?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2021 at 7:27 AM, crb1 said:

Totally agree. I was thinking to myself, if they let more people in they wouldn’t need to subsidize this. They are trying to draw more people to Grand Forks with this tournament. Good luck getting tickets. It’s really a shame. 

I agree that the Ralph could follow the Fargo Dome's lead and have 50% capacity attendance.  It is a silly set up having to subsidize the Ralph when both parties are leaving money on the table.  I'm a huge purveyor of covid safety but I think at 50% capacity and everyone wears masks I think it could be done safely. That's also 3,000 more people spending money in Grand Forks.  Unless the 3,000 attendance cap is a UND policy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

I agree that the Ralph could follow the Fargo Dome's lead and have 50% capacity attendance.  It is a silly set up having to subsidize the Ralph when both parties are leaving money on the table.  I'm a huge purveyor of covid safety but I think at 50% capacity and everyone wears masks I think it could be done safely. That's also 3,000 more people spending money in Grand Forks.  Unless the 3,000 attendance cap is a UND policy.

I thought I had seen somewhere that 3000 was the max they could allow due to the seats needing to be socially distanced. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, siouxforce19 said:

I thought I had seen somewhere that 3000 was the max they could allow due to the seats needing to be socially distanced. 

Yes I suppose on paper but in actuality everyone is still clustered in groups not socially distancing.  I can see why Bochenski is frustrated.  Bochenski has had to deal with trying to juggle people's safety with economic impact for over a year now and I think has done a good job but I can see how he would be frustrated when the Fargo Dome is allowing 50% capacity.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, siouxnatty#8 said:

Yes I suppose on paper but in actuality everyone is still clustered in groups not socially distancing.  I can see why Bochenski is frustrated.  Bochenski has had to deal with trying to juggle people's safety with economic impact for over a year now and I think has done a good job but I can see how he would be frustrated when the Fargo Dome is allowing 50% capacity.

3,000 fewer people at the games is a big economic impact loss for the City.

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

Yes I suppose on paper but in actuality everyone is still clustered in groups not socially distancing.  I can see why Bochenski is frustrated.  Bochenski has had to deal with trying to juggle people's safety with economic impact for over a year now and I think has done a good job but I can see how he would be frustrated when the Fargo Dome is allowing 50% capacity.

It would be nice if someone would come out and explain the rational for still only allowing 3000 people. Then people wouldn’t have to speculate and get frustrated. Especially since they are using taxpayer money to subsidize this. I have a feeling they want to keep it at 25% capacity  because of the other teams and their fans. Having people come from all over is probably problematic at this point. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have to wonder if people are too concerned about covid to attend. The biggest crowd for the home games has been about 2,500.

I know they said 3000 is max, but something is off.  It's not like there were lots of seats left to buy on Saturday night, a few rows in a couple upper bowl sections.  And announced attendance was about 2500?

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, siouxfaninseattle said:

I have to wonder if people are too concerned about covid to attend. The biggest crowd for the home games has been about 2,500.

If my numbers are correct announced attendance for the Bison game was 6578 on Sunday at the Fargo Dome.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, hky said:

I know they said 3000 is max, but something is off.  It's not like there were lots of seats left to buy on Saturday night, a few rows in a couple upper bowl sections.  And announced attendance was about 2500?

On Saturday there were zero tickets left on Ticketmaster. I saw someone on Facebook say they called the Ralph and they were guessing corporates aren’t using their tickets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

Some have asked if Midco is producing the quarterfinal games in the pod so here is your answer: 

 

So UND likely gets CC or Miami first round then?

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, hky said:

I know they said 3000 is max, but something is off.  It's not like there were lots of seats left to buy on Saturday night, a few rows in a couple upper bowl sections.  And announced attendance was about 2500?

i tried to buy tickets on sat afternoon, and tickemaster said no tix available...may be available at the box ofice.   how does that equal announced attendance of 2500?  something is wrong

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...