21 hours ago, petey23 said:

UND over Miami 

DU over UNO 

SCSU over CC 

WMU over UMD 

UND over WMU 

DU over SCSU 

UND over DU

I'm good with this. Even if DU goes on an unlikely tear and even wins it, I'd love to see the mayhem that'd cause for selections. And it'd likely bounce UNO as they're somewhat on the bubble. And they'd be in Loveland away from UND. All good things if they become cinderella.

59 minutes ago, Langster019 said:

I'm good with this. Even if DU goes on an unlikely tear and even wins it, I'd love to see the mayhem that'd cause for selections. And it'd likely bounce UNO as they're somewhat on the bubble. And they'd be in Loveland away from UND. All good things if they become cinderella.

I’d guess Omaha has to win at least one game to get in. Duluth could be in trouble too with a loss to Western.

7 minutes ago, mattim said:

I’d guess Omaha has to win at least one game to get in. Duluth could be in trouble too with a loss to Western.

If they both lose in the first game, it might come down to a coin toss for which one makes it in. Same thing if they both just win one game. 

-Miami needs a fantastic goaltending performance from a freshman to have any hope....

-CC needs the same.....

-Western vs. Duluth is a toss up.  If someone can convince Western they are playing at Lawson instead of REA they'll win.

-Denver vs. Omaha.  Must win for Denver.  I think Omaha needs at least one more win to be sure of the NCAA.  Denver is better when they're interested.  I'll go with them. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, Wilbur said:

-Miami needs a fantastic goaltending performance from a freshman to have any hope....

-CC needs the same.....

-Western vs. Duluth is a toss up.  If someone can convince Western they are playing at Lawson instead of REA they'll win.

-Denver vs. Omaha.  Must win for Denver.  I think Omaha needs at least one more win to be sure of the NCAA.  Denver is better when they're interested.  I'll go with them. 

DU v UNO could be a great tilt. 

10 minutes ago, crb1 said:

The two teams with the hardest matchups, IMO, are UNO and UMD. I think both of them lose in the first round.  

I think the covid impact continues to nag each team, they both appear to ‘gas’ early in the game and struggle for the balance.

I'd take a win by the 5, 6, or 7 seed (but not the 8 ;) ) . 

Why?

With "restacking" for the semis it would mean UND plays someone other than Omaha for the fifth of six games (and seventh of ten). I'd like UND to play a couple different teams headed down the stretch to see some different styles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do we know CC will be cleared for the pod? 

Is there still an outside chance UND has a bye on Friday night*?

*If CC is not cleared Miami shuffles up to play SCSU and the #1 gets a bye in the quarters. 

I was told CC has to know by Tuesday.  If its a no go then, UND gets a bye.  If its a go and then whoops we have a setback Weds or Thursday then SCSU gets the bye.  

4 hours ago, The Sicatoka said:

Do we know CC will be cleared for the pod? 

Is there still an outside chance UND has a bye on Friday night*?

*If CC is not cleared Miami shuffles up to play SCSU and the #1 gets a bye in the quarters. 

Schloss was asked that question and he said that so far all teams are slated to play on their respective days. Of course that can change but so far so good. 

I’m hoping the boys play Friday. Frankly, they sucked last Friday and need the ice time going into the playoffs. Gooch, Pinto and Gaber need to up their games in order for this team to bring home #9. 

1 hour ago, The Sicatoka said:

I believe Mister Gaber (8 goals) is yet to score in Ralph Engelstad Arena (and just once outside the Oma-pod, at CC). 

Don't tell him where, but somebody tell Riese he's back in a pod this weekend. ;)  

Yeah, talk about a guy that's due......

1 hour ago, jk said:

Guessing the league and teams are insisting on it, as a positive test in the next few weeks could end a team's season.  I would hope the UND hockey program is taking no chances, even if the risk seems minimal. 

Agree. Case and point in the debacle at the Missouri valley basketball tournament. Due to a team, UNI, following a states guidelines and not cdc as did the city of STL, protocols didn’t match so differing contract tracing caused one team to have to forfeit. Season done. 

Hopefully all goes smoothly and we finish this bitch this year. With a banner. 

16 hours ago, Wilbur said:

I've scored more than him the last few months, and you have no idea how little that is.....

As sports talk radio guy Tony Bruno (6-9 pm Eastern show) used to say when giving baseball updates, "If you're scoring at home ... congratulations ... it's early." 

• Upvote 1