SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #5-Denver......for the 5th....and 6th time.......

Wilbur

1 hour ago, siouxforcefans said:

I'm excited to be heading to the Friday game in person!  After not getting to yell at football or hockey for almost a year, I'm going to make sure they hear me ;)

UND with the rare sweep of DU this weekend:  Friday 3-2, Saturday 5-1.

I hope you're Nostredamus (sp.) on this one.

3 hours ago, Wilbur said:

You know you're playing a team too much when its a supposed rivalry series and the thread isn't more than a page long.

If it wasn't for Denver not having any fans, what would there be to talk about?  

Just a weird year, schedules changing the week of a series, teams disappearing for two, three weeks at a time. NCAA’s up in the air... just a weird year...

Parrots Cay vs Cherry Cricket

DU is in town for a February series - if that isn’t enough to get the blood boiling, why are we even here?

This is a pair of talented teams going head to head this weekend - on paper, the two most talented probably even though the records don’t indicate that.

DU is a hungry team and even though they have four left with CC, it may be too little, too late for them to make it to NCAAs unless they can earn some points this weekend at The Ralph.

When UNO won in OT last weekend I took that as a bad sign as Denver will really want to prove a point when they get to Grand Forks. Then again, UND comes off a week’s rest and starts a string of up to 7 of next 8 games in Grand Forks.

My gut tells me a tie, or maybe 4 points for UND:

3-1 UND Friday

3-2 DU (OT) Saturday  

Man, I am really hoping for a sweep this weekend, but I am just not feeling it. Coming off a rest week, I can see the boys taking a while to "warm up". That may make all the difference if we get behind the 8 ball score wise on Friday night. Then a Saturday night butt-kicking win.

It would be nice to come out of the blocks fast and strong, set DU back on their heels early on in the game and score a quick goal.

I thought it funny that LGDU fears our "physical game", reminiscent of the old WCHA UND team. I see no similarity at all, the old WCHA UND team was WAAAY more physical than the current team.

2 hours ago, UNDColorado said:

That's a fun tournament! Unfortunately I am sidelined with a bad cold. 

Yah, I’m not playing in it this year either. Was invited to play but it’s too long of a drive from Colorado Springs and I wanted to be home with the family and watch the UND series instead. 

Having Bast back is a big deal.  Moore has been a pleasant surprise on the back end, but you could put him as the extra skater tonight.  Not sure about other possible injuries, but I think we are just about at full strength for this series.

Lets come out with some fire period 1 and put three in on Chrona(virus).  Not sure why they started the other guy on Saturday against Omaha, but he wasn't sharp whatsoever, and cost them two points.

STAY THE BLEEEEP OUT OF THE BOX.  And another thing.  STAY THE BLEEP OUT OF THE BOX.  

2 hours ago, Wilbur said:

Having Bast back is a big deal.  Moore has been a pleasant surprise on the back end, but you could put him as the extra skater tonight.  Not sure about other possible injuries, but I think we are just about at full strength for this series.

Lets come out with some fire period 1 and put three in on Chrona(virus).  Not sure why they started the other guy on Saturday against Omaha, but he wasn't sharp whatsoever, and cost them two points.

STAY THE BLEEEEP OUT OF THE BOX.  And another thing.  STAY THE BLEEP OUT OF THE BOX.  

So you're saying they should stay out of the box?

8 minutes ago, The Sicatoka said:

My bold predictions:

At least one facepalm worthy bad penalty, and we’ll sing ... 

Louie, Louis, oh yeah, you’ve got a goal now ... 

I’m going out on a limb and say we have limited penalties tonight. I was going to say no penalties but then I thought about it for a minute.