Jump to content
SiouxSports.com Forum

Post pod series #5-Denver......for the 5th....and 6th time.......


Recommended Posts

Here we go again.  Denver.....again.  If only there would have been a time when you had all the teams together in one place and had cross over games for the so called Eastern and Western divisions of the NCHC to avoid teams having to play each other 6 times in league play.  Why on earth we played Denver twice in the Pod will forever remain a mystery to me.  Why we play Omaha six times after the Pod takes place is also a mystery.  A bus trip to Duluth or SCSU, and Omaha going to Ohio for one of those weekends to get their six points against Miami would have made sense to me as that is a flight for either Duluth or SCSU as well.  The same can be said for Denver making a flight to Minneapolis to play Duluth or SCSU and then one of those schools plays ND home or away.

End rant......

Well, it is what is is.  Duluth got their 18 points against Miami, and now sit atop the standings as they head to Lawson, but UND does have a game in hand.  Extremely important weekend against the Pioneers for UND.  With SCSU playing Miami this weekend that means a likely 6 points for them, and Omaha hosts a CC team that is all over the place with their performances so that could be six points for Omaha as well.  

Its going to take good hockey for UND from here on out to win the league.  Denver hates us, we hate them.  They've got payback in mind after we "intentionally ran their goalie", so buckle your chin straps this weekend boys.  There will be penalties, but if we make it into a special teams war then I see a split happening.  I think on the weekend a good goal would be to hold Denver to 6 or less power plays, all the while keeping the intensity and physicality up.  We could be sitting tied for third place with a bad weekend, and other results not going our way, so hopefully the team plays with some desperation.    
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta say good job on the ref for seeing that the puck was loose and never covered. 

Ya gotta like it when you don't have your "A" game nearly all weekend and sweep Denver. 

Brad Elliott Schlossman   @SchlossmanGF

Posted Images

22 hours ago, BusinessSiouxt said:

Denver looked good this weekend but that was against an Omaha team that hasn’t recovered fully from covid protocol impacts. We’ll know by the end of the first period, game one.

In game 2 in Denver they absolutely hated when we came out and played a very physical game against them.  That Caponi was a spaz case and was trying to take runs at our players all night.  If we play like we did in game 2 in Denver I think we will be ok.

 

Edited by siouxnatty#8
Mispelling
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, siouxnatty#8 said:

In game 2 in Denver they absolutely hated when we came out and played a very physical game against them.  That Caponi was a spaz case and was trying to take runs at our players all night.  If we play like we did in game 2 in Denver I think we will be ok.

 

As long as they don’t play like they did in game 1 at DU. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I would be a very curious fly on the wall in the ranks of NHL persons that evaluate players when the Chrona/Mismash incident is discussed.   As fans on both side will overwhelmingly talk their book, what do the people that make the big time decision see?   Did Chrona show a weakness?  Does Mismash get checkmark in a box?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humboldt said:

LetsGoDU always tries so hard to rile up opposing fans and provide humor, but they've been missing the mark for quite some time now IMO.
When it first came out, it seemed original and witty...now it's just the same old tired shtick repeated over and over.
But at least they're getting their source material direct from SS.com...not many better sources out there to be honest.  ;)  :)  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Humboldt said:

 

39 minutes ago, brianvf said:

LetsGoDU always tries so hard to rile up opposing fans and provide humor, but they've been missing the mark for quite some time now IMO.
When it first came out, it seemed original and witty...now it's just the same old tired shtick repeated over and over.
But at least they're getting their source material direct from SS.com...not many better sources out there to be honest.  ;)  :)  

Completely agree in general, but this one is brilliant! I love this. Let's go. Build that rivalry! I thought that entire post was hilarious and made us look silly. But, that's ok... we are silly! 

The first part defining UND as goons is worn out, but I did love the comments about our board. Give it to me more! Bring it on, LetsGoDU. I have a blog that I plan on firing up again once I finish up my MBA again in three weeks. I'm all for some back and forth :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, brianvf said:

LetsGoDU always tries so hard to rile up opposing fans and provide humor, but they've been missing the mark for quite some time now IMO.
When it first came out, it seemed original and witty...now it's just the same old tired shtick repeated over and over.
But at least they're getting their source material direct from SS.com...not many better sources out there to be honest.  ;)  :)  

That portion actually gave me a laugh. Some are better than others but I do enjoy the back and forth. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They do make a valid point in their story and comments that taking all these penalties could really cost us come tournament time. I think all of us on this board would agree that UND has taken way too many penalties this season and need to cut that out of their game the rest of the way. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

They do make a valid point in their story and comments that taking all these penalties could really cost us come tournament time. I think all of us on this board would agree that UND has taken way too many penalties this season and need to cut that out of their game the rest of the way. 

We have beat ourselves with too many penalties in almost all of our losses.

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Godsmack said:

Wilbur, AlphaMikeFoxtrot, TNT, BusinesssiouT, and KSSioux you’re famous! Letsgodu! selected you’re posts for their witty article. 

So are that lady's/guy's articles likely read by more UND fans in the long run or the three Denver fans?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Wilbur, AlphaMikeFoxtrot, TNT, BusinesssiouT, and KSSioux you’re famous! Letsgodu! selected you’re posts for their witty article. 

Warmed my little black heart it did! *bows to the crowd as the ovation reaches it peak*

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know you're playing a team too much when its a supposed rivalry series and the thread isn't more than a page long.

If it wasn't for Denver not having any fans, what would there be to talk about?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

You know you're playing a team too much when its a supposed rivalry series and the thread isn't more than a page long.

If it wasn't for Denver not having any fans, what would there be to talk about?  

Nature of the game with the scheduling. Just wait for the upcoming Omaha threads. Gonna probably  resort to everyone trolling each other instead of Omaha talk. Lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...